PDA

View Full Version : Dr Ellies protocol

WildFlower
01-09-2013, 01:12 PM
does anyone know the link to the actual protocol ? I used to have it but can't find it any longer. Not just the blog but the actual protocol for adults AND children
Thanks

Kiara.I
01-09-2013, 01:39 PM
:cup

StewardofLOs
01-09-2013, 01:59 PM
I wasn't aware that it was available except in the book, but I could be wrong. It would be helpful to have a link to share with others....
:popcorn

WildFlower
01-09-2013, 03:02 PM
http://www.drellie.com/Zellie-Mouth-Care-System.php

Found it! I knew I'd seen it somewhere. She outlines exactly what to do on her site.

and here's the stuff on children of different ages!

http://www.drellie.com/Whos-at-Risk.php

we are going to start this protocol. Since dd's tooth surgery she doesnt' have any new cavities and we all need to get on this protocol to keep from getting anything new, since we know we have the bacteria. She says everyone in the family needs to be on it since the bacteria can be transferred.

Katigre
01-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Glad you found it!

Sent from my phone using Swift Key Flow (http://www.swiftkey.net/flow/)

Kiara.I
01-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Thank you!

So how critical is it to use her products? For instance, if I can get Spry gum locally would that work just as well for the xylitol consumption?

WildFlower
01-11-2013, 02:29 PM
I am pretty sure she says its very critical to use her exact system or she won't guarantee it to work because not all ingredients are the same.
I did buy exactly what she said on the fluoride and toothpaste, since we have no issues with the dyes and stuff. If you have issues with certain ingredients like dyes I would try to get something with the main active ingredient the same percentage. Like Crest Original toothpaste has the same amount of fluoride in it as Aim a cheaper toothpaste but crests says it has a certain amount as fluoride ion which the others do not. So I think it is important to get exact on the active ingredient. The fluoride it important. I also bought the cloSys off of amazon because it was cheaper but it's the same as what she wants you to use. The listerine I bought generic because the ingredients, active and inactive all were 100% identical:shrug3 Now on the gums/mints I think you can substitute those out. I use epic dental mints and we bought a big bag of Xylosweet on amazon to use in a little water in a tablespoon after meals. Lots cheaper than the mints/gum. I'll use the mints when we are out and it's inconvenient to use the granules. DD likes the granules in a spoon with a bit of water.

Katigre
01-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Thank you!

So how critical is it to use her products? For instance, if I can get Spry gum locally would that work just as well for the xylitol consumption?

You don't have to use her Xylitol :no. Just get the right amount of it each day from spry, epic dental , gum, mints, granules dissolved in water, etc...

The tooth routine products need to be exact if at all possible, but those aren't "her" products since you can buy them at a regular grocery store and they're not made by her.

Also be sure not to rinse with water between any of the steps.

Sent from my phone using Swift Key Flow (http://www.swiftkey.net/flow/)

hey mommy
01-11-2013, 03:15 PM
:cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildFlower
01-11-2013, 07:23 PM
I wanted to ask, do you have to do the whole system every time you brush or just 2x a day? I was confused on that part. I am used to brushing my teeth after every single meal. So would I do the whole system after breakfast, lunch dinner and any snack? OR just the whole system (all the rinses etc) in the morning, brush like normal after meals, then the system at the end of the day, and xylitol throughout the day:scratch

And how often should I do the ACT for DD, she is learning to spit but doesn't like the ACT fluoride that well. I don't need to do it everytime right? Can I just brush her teeth with her normal xylitol natural toothpaste and use the ACT once a day and xylitol throughout the day?

3boysforme
01-11-2013, 07:27 PM
:popcorn

I was looking at Walmart and didn't see that pre rinse there. Could one use Plax or something else?

WildFlower
01-11-2013, 07:34 PM
You can get the CloSYS rinse at Walgreens. or it's cheaper on amazon. I wouldn't substitute:no

StumblinMama
01-11-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm losing enamel on my teeth. I have got to start doing this.

StewardofLOs
01-12-2013, 06:39 AM
I wanted to ask, do you have to do the whole system every time you brush or just 2x a day? I was confused on that part. I am used to brushing my teeth after every single meal. So would I do the whole system after breakfast, lunch dinner and any snack? OR just the whole system (all the rinses etc) in the morning, brush like normal after meals, then the system at the end of the day, and xylitol throughout the day:scratch

And how often should I do the ACT for DD, she is learning to spit but doesn't like the ACT fluoride that well. I don't need to do it everytime right? Can I just brush her teeth with her normal xylitol natural toothpaste and use the ACT once a day and xylitol throughout the day?

We do the whole system 2 times a day, ideally after breakfast and before bed. Then, we take xylitol in some form after every snack and meal. I would not brush after every snack and meal; that seems like it would be too abrasive to your enamel.

With your DD, she should also get the flouride 2 times a day, when you brush in the morning and at night. She should also be getting xylitol throughout the day

The minimum that everyone should be getting is 6 grams. Since I have no problem with the gum and I work full-time, I usually do this by making sure I chew at least 6 pieces of gum a day.

MercyInDisguise
01-13-2013, 12:24 PM
I need to do this. :yes

3boysforme
01-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Can one do this while also oil pulling?

WildFlower
01-13-2013, 02:34 PM
good question about the oil pulling! I had read about oil pulling and wanted to do that but forgot about. I don't really know the answer to your question, but I don't see why you coudln't do them but try to do them at separate times. But I'm not really sure. I think you could definately do the xylitol throughout the day and do oil pulling even if you don't do the rest of the protocol.