PDA

View Full Version : Ok, we need to kick this!

greengirl19
01-06-2013, 08:24 AM
G and i had a little cold two weeks ago. It wasn't even worth calling a cold, just a sore throat for me a little nasal congestion for G. I have a horrible tendancy to have a lingering cough after congestion. On the tune to 4-6 weeks of coughing after a tiny little cold. G has inherited it :( theres still some congestion, but its mkstly just a ticklely cough. I'm doing so much: teas, homemade cough syrup, elderberry syrup, lympha rub, eucalyptus steam showers, homeopathic cough tablets. Nothing relly helps more than a little bit. We really need to kick this!! Anything I'm not thinking of?

Weezie
01-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Do you run a humidifier in the room at all?

greengirl19
01-06-2013, 09:25 AM
I've e been meaning to dig it out! the house isn't feeling overly dry, but it definitely couldn't hurt.

greengirl19
01-08-2013, 01:53 PM
The humidifier is helping at night! During the day not so much, and any time I have to talk :no

Weezie
01-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Has a doctor ever talked about asthma to you or suggested using an inhaler for your cough? :think

greengirl19
01-14-2013, 12:52 PM
The humidifier helped tremedously! I dont have any breathing or lung problems when it's not this tickle so i don't think its anything more. At this point a lot of it is mental, a tiny little tickle in the back of my throat and i 'have' to cough. Gabe is completely over his!