PDA

View Full Version : Sour-smelling, chunky, breast-milk poo

jennymaeh
01-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Excuse the typos! Nursing and holding with one hand, hunting and pecking with the other.

So, my little one (4mos old now) seems to have multiple food sensitivities, as do I. I have removed the offenders I know from my diet (discovered through a combination of elimination, blood allergy testing, and energetic testing). About one week ago, She was totally clear: nice yellow poo, sleeping well, skin totally clear. That lasted for about a day. Maybe two. Then poo turned slightly green (but not totally neon like we've had in the past), became chunky, smells of sour milk, and she has slight skin symptoms, again, nothing like we've seen in the past, and she wouldnot stay aseep after I nursed her, so she slept on me (instead of next to me) most of the night. The last day or so she is riding a low-grade temp (99.6F), but otherwise no signs of illness. Sleep seems to have normalized somewhat....

Thoughts? Food sensitivity? Seems like a mild one if that is it.... but that's all I can come up with. And that is frustrating as I don't know what to cut-out of my diet next!

mollobe
01-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Since there's a temp, even though it's really low, I'd say she's probably fighting an illness of some sort.

Green poo can also mean not enough hind milk, so you could try block feeding or only nursing on one side each time you nurse her, then switch to the other side the next time you nurse.

Welcome to GCM!

Peridot
01-04-2013, 11:34 AM
has there been any change? How is she doing?

:hug2