PDA

View Full Version : Calling Apron Aficionados

BestLaidPlans
12-26-2012, 10:38 AM
I love cutesy aprons, but they just do not cover enough. Or they fall apart in the washer.

Does anyone know of good quality aprons that have COVERAGE?

I would like it even better if you could say that you have ordered from them so you know they are safe. :)

Marrae
12-26-2012, 10:50 AM
:think There are a few people here who make them, I think. Hopefully they'll see this.

HadassahSukkot
12-26-2012, 11:16 AM
I found a couple on ebay and in second hand stores. I haven't actually ordered any other than the 4 or so I have. I got 2 others at a local store - they're not cutesy, but chef's aprons. I tend to only wear them when/if we host someone and I've still got to cook/bake while they are here. :shifty

StumblinMama
12-26-2012, 11:35 AM
We have a GCMer who makes gorgeous aprons, but I'm not sure if her Etsy is stocked right now. Let me check before I post a link.

BestLaidPlans
12-28-2012, 09:00 AM
:poke bump!

crunchymum
12-29-2012, 11:10 AM
I make aprons. :) But I'm in transition right now - I only have 2 full aprons, one was a sample I had made and she didn't do it right so I'm sort of hesitant to sell it. :-/ the other I made for a specific person and am waiting to see if she still wants it. :think you can look at the style I make in my etsy link below under "sales".

So basically, I'm useless. :giggle unless you're in the market for a high end, couture apron in the next few months. :giggle

BestLaidPlans
12-29-2012, 06:54 PM
:lol Thanks! If I am still looking in a couple months, I will let you know. ;)

I have been browsing Etsy... I have specific wants, I found out through searching. I have found tons of aprons that I like the top (certain shapes flattering my sort of figure more), but hate the color. Or love the color, hate the cut.

RiverRock
12-29-2012, 06:58 PM
I've admired Jen's aprons in the past....maybe even drooled a little.

I bought my apron at Ikea about five years ago. It is durable and adjustable and has good coverage. Also, art gallery gift shops usually have good quality aprons with an "artsy" edge.

MegMarch
12-29-2012, 07:04 PM
:lol Thanks! If I am still looking in a couple months, I will let you know. ;)

I have been browsing Etsy... I have specific wants, I found out through searching. I have found tons of aprons that I like the top (certain shapes flattering my sort of figure more), but hate the color. Or love the color, hate the cut.

If you can find a seller whose shapes you like and prices you are ok with then message them and ask for a custom apron. I've asked several Etsy sellers to do custom stuff for me and it's always gone well. Do ask about pricing though since some charge a little more.

allisonintx
12-29-2012, 07:09 PM
I :heart my apron.

I wrote this in 2010:

My family of origin was in town this week-end, and it was crazy and I was nervous, and anxious and umm, all the stuff that comes with families of origin, even when you love one another.

I wore the apron you made me...in fact I bought a full length salmon colored linen skirt, and a navy fitted tee, to go with the apron :o

It really helped me to feel safe and grounded, and remember that I am so much more than my genetics. I am beautiful. I am competent. I am loved outside of who my mom thinks I am. I am more than my brother's pre-concieved notions of who I am and how I live my life. I am the Mom :heart:heart

Bet you didn't know that you sewed Magical Family Force-fields ;) You should charge more.

Many many washings later, I still love the apron, and it always reminds me that I Am The Mom.

crunchymum
12-29-2012, 07:45 PM
:happytears :heart that makes me so happy and cry a little every time I read it. :heart

StumblinMama
12-29-2012, 07:49 PM
:heart I was poking around old threads the other day trying to remember the name of Jen's etsy to post here and came across that story, Allison :heart

-------------------------------
Typos courtesy of autocorrect ;) Posted from Tapatalk

FaithHopeLove
12-30-2012, 02:38 AM
Most of my grandma's aprons were "cutesy" ones that we call retro or vintage and they usually covered everything, were durable, and had LOTS of big pockets! :yes I wish I'd saved some of them. A couple of years ago a friend of mine and our kids made retro style aprons together for our Christmas activity. I'm not the greatest seamstress so mine has a few funky issues and no pockets, but it covers great, is reversible, and has a cute retro style. I picked two fun retro prints in whites and apple greens and I love, love, love it.

All to say, I imagine most of the etsy ones are durable if they are made out of good fabric and I hope you find one you love!

Jen, I've not seen your aprons before -- gorgeous!!! :heart

BestLaidPlans
12-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks, girls. I did order one from Etsy today! :dance

GlacierLily
12-31-2012, 07:25 PM
You should link to it so they can see! It's georgous! :)