PDA

View Full Version : Urinary Tract Infection

Laurlor
12-24-2012, 07:02 AM
Help! I'm 39 and have never had a UTI, but I'm pretty sure I have one this morning. Yesterday I was feeling the urge to pee when there wasn't much there and it burned a bit. This morning it burned at the end of peeing and it smelled bad :(. It's Christmas Eve!!! Do I need to go to urgent care or is this treatable at home? HELP!!

mamacat
12-24-2012, 07:18 AM
I would send dh to pharmacy to pick up some Cystex which has both concentrated cranberry and a urinary antiseptic and start on that.Right away if you could try stirring small amount of baking soda into some water and sipping it to change ph of your bladder to see if that will help and also using some baking soda water on girl parts as & after you pee.Lots of fluids and cranberry concentrate can help.Hard call being day before Christmas.Maybe you culd go in to one of those drugstore clinics like at CVS and get a RX so if those things dont help you have that as backup

PaperMomma
12-24-2012, 07:21 AM
:hug

I had one a couple of weeks ago that I treated at home. I drank TONS of water and 100% cranberry juice- I mean I drank nearly 2 gallons of fluid in about 6-8 hours.

Laurlor
12-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Thank you for the advice! I called the doctor and got an appt. at 11:15. If it weren't Christmas tomorrow, I think I'd try to wait it out and deal with it myself, but I feel better just getting on meds today.

ECingMama
12-24-2012, 09:57 AM
what causes them? my daughter has had three. :( would you try natural remedies for a five year old?

mamacat
12-24-2012, 10:28 AM
I would def do the things like probiotics and no bubble baths or soap down there that has chemicals and fragrances etc. for a 5 yr I would have a peri bottle type thing filled with fresh baking soda water every day to kind of rinse off before she wipes and make sure she is wiping so that she isnt wiping back side into front side.With my youngest we used to do pat-pat wiping for front and at that age would still help her with back part after she pooped

ECingMama
12-24-2012, 11:48 AM
not to steal the thread but thank you so much mama cat