PDA

View Full Version : We keep getting sick :hissyfit

bec28
12-20-2012, 10:16 PM
So we moved from va to pa at the end of July. And since at least the middle of sept we have been almost continually sick with one thing or another. Ds, dd and I passed a cold back and forth for about 6 weeks. Then we were good for maybe a week when we caught another cold. Then dh and I got sick with a stomach bug. Now this week I have the flu :hissyfit

I cannot remember ever being sick like this before. Even when I was working at a university and around students and staff and touching other people's computers and door knobs and all that.

Is it from being in a new area? Is it just from the play dates we've been doing? Everyone has there kids in preschool up here so is that why? What can I do to build up our immune systems? I am so tired of being sick :pout

Blue Aurora
12-20-2012, 10:41 PM
We've been unusually sick as well. It seems to be a bad year all over for illnesses. I started my kids on juice plus hoping that will help some.

jewel97
12-20-2012, 11:14 PM
well I'm glad I'm not the only one... Dd1 has had 4 colds this season already... I think that doubles the amount she's had her whole life. Only thing worse than a sick 2 yr old is that she's giving 2 of them to my 2 month old! Sickness go away!!

SewingGreenMama
12-20-2012, 11:27 PM
We move 100 miles the end of July. Since September we've dealt with pneumonia, bronchitis, serious stomach bug, M got all 4 eye teeth in at once literally starting the day after the stomach bug finished its craze. And a variety of cold, sinus and chest congestion issues.
I suggest lots of raw garlic (I swallow 1 like a pill after poking holes and coating with oil every day and 3-4 a day when sick or around sick), vitamin c, raw local honey, elderberry syrup...which is much cheeper if you make it yourself.

bec28
12-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Well, I'm sorry you all keep getting sick too. I was thinking about it and we really haven't done too many play dates. But I have been going out a lot to stores and such so we don't go crazy at home. I think I'm going to have to cut waaaay back on that. There's no way I can stand to be sick like this for the rest of the winter.

SewingGreenMama
12-23-2012, 12:10 PM
It probably has a lot to do with every town is different with its strains of viruses etc. So being bombarded by new strains that the body isn't used to, plus stress of moving, fear, the exhaustion added, all makes the body more vulnerable to illness.
Plenty of rest and a immune boosting diet can help a lot!