PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get flu like symptoms with their period?

ShangriLewis
12-20-2012, 09:41 PM
My period is really different since they started again. I feel like I have the beginning of the flu. Tired, hot flashes, achy. The hot thing is strange because I am always cold.

Firebird Rising
12-20-2012, 09:56 PM
I usually have a raging headache, achy muscles, and struggle to stay awake. It has gotten worse the farther I get from having babies.

hey mommy
12-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Yes. it's awful!!!! I just want to crawl into bed for a few days. Which is where i'm at right this second.

ShangriLewis
12-20-2012, 10:08 PM
I just feel awful. Just making dinner made me all sweaty. I opened a window yesterday. My dh makes me carry a sweater everywhere, even when we lived in Cali. I have been running around in a tank top.

poleidopy
12-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Yes! After having Nomi, my 3rd (last!) baby, once AF returned, it was awful. Flue-like symptoms a week before. I get SOOOO tired, I've fallen asleep practically standing up, a few times! Ugh! AF is a week away, and I can already feel the symptoms. They start a whole week early! DURING my period isn't so bad, but the week before...oh man. :(

ArmsOfLove
12-20-2012, 10:27 PM
yes

Marsha
12-21-2012, 06:47 AM
YES! For years, I had flu like symptoms w/periods. (I don't have periods now, thank goodness). But yes, achy, headachy, I always felt like I was getting a sore throat, so tired I could barely function...it waxed and waned over the years, but it was MY PMS.

BestLaidPlans
12-21-2012, 08:38 AM
I did terribly as a teenager. (Fever, chills, vomiting/nausea, terrible cramps that meds did not help) Having babies fixed a lot of the problems.

Now, I only get super cold and tired. My brain function is affected, too... multi-tasking and other brain stuff is hard during that time.

Domina
12-21-2012, 08:41 AM
YES! It's so stupid, but I feel bad about myself because of it. Like, why does PMS have to be such a big deal? No one else has to crawl into bed and sleep for days.

Thank you, Abeka Health textbook, for informing me in high school that PMS was largely imaginary and due to "panic." :rolleyes

BestLaidPlans
12-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Thank you, Abeka Health textbook, for informing me in high school that PMS was largely imaginary and due to "panic." :rolleyes

Are you serious?! :jawdrop How stupid. No other word for that.

JessicaNichole
12-21-2012, 08:56 AM
I've started having stomach flu like symptoms, and have thrown up the past 3 cycles the day i started my period!!

Domina
12-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Are you serious?! :jawdrop How stupid. No other word for that.

Totally serious. :yes So as a girl, I KNEW that was wrong, and yet still got a little guilt ingrained in me for having PMS. Imagine what it did to the boys. :doh

HadassahSukkot
12-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Yes.

I was so tired yesterday I curled up on the couch and slept for 2 hours waiting for DH to get home, while my youngest napped - because I knew where my oldest was and could not stay awake any more. I tried!!

Today, I slept until 11am. I've hardly moved off the couch except to use the bathroom or refuel with food/drink.

I'm just thankful I've not been cramping. If I were, since DH is off from work - I'd be seriously keeping myself asleep.

Usually I have abdominal migraines and severe cramping but that's gotten better since I had the iron infusions and since I started yoga. I haven't been in 3 weeks, but it's better than it's ever been - before or after kids.