PDA

View Full Version : SPD a year after birth - ow

arwen_tiw
12-20-2012, 03:29 AM
My hips aren't getting better. :(

I have kept putting off doing something, but I'm really not getting better. Sometimes when I walk I can feel clicking and grinding. I get pain when I stay in any one position for long, sitting or standing. Once I'm walking, I'm OK walking for hours. It's constant motion or let the pain catch up with me. :shifty

Often when I stand up from sitting I can't straighten up (at all) for a full minute or more (especially if I've been sitting on a too-hard or too-soft chair for more than a moment). If I have to leap up to catch a child at church or in a restaurant, I have to hobble until my hips align better. A couple of times recently when I've tried to walk before I can straighten up properly, I've ended up with crippling pain sitting on the floor until I feel like I can move without blacking out.

Most days it's a minor inconvenience, and I'm just not as comfortable as I used to be doing everyday things. Some days I think I have GOT to stop not-dealing-with-this and go to the doctor.

The main reason I haven't gone to see my doctor is that they offered *zero* help when I was pregnant and in the first couple of months post partum. They basically looked at me like I was pestering them, and said, "It'll get better in time, there's nothing we can do to help." So even now I don't know if they'd refer me to physio, and I literally cannot afford to do anything privately. There is NO money for chiro etc etc. There is no money to pay the water bill, right now.

I don't know what I'm looking for. I'm expecting a get-thee-to-the-doctor. ;)

mommie
12-20-2012, 05:02 AM
I say you should go, now that your not pregnant they can help you more. perhaps they thought the baby was pinching a nerve, or something, but since it hasn't gone away id go in.