PDA

View Full Version : Calling all people who are really good with color...

NovelMama
12-03-2012, 05:59 PM
I want to make this blanket (http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/logcabin.html) for my due-in-April nephew in some nice boyish colors. DB and my SIL aren't bright color people, and I really hate pastels :shifty so those are my color boundaries. :giggle Thing is, I'm awful at trying to pull colors together and can't figure out what to use. If you scroll down on that pattern there's a place to choose colors and what I've chosen so far are aqua, dusty purple, colonial blue, silver blue, and chocolate. But I really stink at envisioning what that will look like and need someone to verify those would look good (or help me dodge a bullet by steering me to a different combination :giggle).

Any suggestions, anyone??

DragonfliiMama
12-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I like the dusty purple, colonial blue, and chocolate together, but I don't think the aqua or the silver blue go with the other three. Sticking with your blue/purple palette, I added dusty blue and purple. If you're ok with other colors, you can switch it around a lot more.

If you have colored pencils or crayons, I would grab some scratch paper and just scribble out the general shape with different colors to get an idea of how they'll look together.

backtobasicsmum
12-03-2012, 06:47 PM
I'd go with less purple. :shifty

When you say they aren't bright color people would the following combo be too bright for them?

Kelly Green
Dusty green
Sapphire
dusty blue
and then a brown (espresso or chocolate)

NovelMama
12-03-2012, 07:20 PM
I can't look at the colors right now but THANK YOU for the suggestions. I can't wait to check them out. :rockon

Marielle
12-05-2012, 10:59 PM
How about tone on tone? The chocolate along with an oatmeal shade then a lighter cream. I think it will look classy without being pastel. Maybe with one accent color like a mid tone blue/green?

ReedleBeetle
12-05-2012, 11:03 PM
What about jewel tones? Think type 3 colors....

Deep Emerald
Garnet
Sapphire
Deep Amythest
Peridot