PDA

View Full Version : My period is on day 17! Update...Went to dr. I'm still dealing with this.

Jemma2
12-02-2012, 06:23 PM
So in the month of September I pretty much skipped my period. Just a few wipes on tissue. The next month it came, though a few days later than I would have expected it. It lasted a normal length. In between times there would be a swipe now and then. Just enough to make me use a pantyliner all the time. In November, my period came and then it's lasted. It's still going and has been now for 17 days. Bright red blood, medium (for me) flow. I'm 38.

What could be going on? I'm getting kind of worried. Probably going to make a doctor's appointment for this week sometime, but don't really know what to expect.

Oakyn
12-02-2012, 06:33 PM
My mom had some issues- she was premenopausal. That was in her late 30s, ans now she is still not completely menopausal at 50 but almost. It can be a long process and start early...

ChristmasGirl
12-02-2012, 06:41 PM
when i started bleeding irregularly and spotting to where i never really stopped inbetween cycles, it ended up that i had a large fibroid tumor. I would get it checked soon just in case :hug

tracierowe
12-02-2012, 06:41 PM
:hug it is probably nothing to be concerned about, as pp suggested, but I would get it checked out just in case.

Jemma2
12-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Well I've been bleeding since November 16 and just this past week it's finally slowed down to what is about the amount of spotting, but still bright pink blood. I did go to the doctor and because I'm over 35 she did an endometrian biopsy. This was just yesterday and I'll get the results in about a week. Let me tell you, it was NOT a pleasant experience and I'm still sore. Once we know the results, she'll suggest a next step. It sounds like it would be an ultrasound to check for fibroids. Then maybe birth control to try to regulate things or maybe something more permanent. I'm a little nervous about how this is all going to play out.

cbmk4
12-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Not trying to scare you, but your doctor should do a pregnancy test. Prolonged weird bleeding could be an ectopic pregnancy. When I experienced an ectopic pregnancy in my early 40's, I first assumed I was having perimenopausal weirdness. I first had a really long gap with no period (well over 40 days) and then had prolonged bleeding. After 3 weeks of bleeding (not always heavy but never going away), I had an ultrasound followed by an HCG.

Hope that yours is "just" hormonal shifts and nothing serious. Also hope you get answers soon.

Jemma2
01-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Thank you. Yes, they did do a pregnancy test as well. I'm still waiting to hear the biopsy results. But thankfully, I have stopped bleeding. I'm hoping that my body will go back to normal now.

Barefoot
01-02-2013, 07:00 PM
I frequently have periods that have no end. I used to just deal with it, get anaemic and have a D&C then start again.
My new Dr prescribed cyklokapron (tranexamic acid) which is a non hormonal medicine that stops the bleeding. If you have continued issues with this, maybe check that out.
I hope your biopsy comes back clear.