PDA

View Full Version : Pee smell Hard to get out of rayon/polyester?

Marsha
12-02-2012, 03:10 PM
My younger daughter wets the bed. She also occasionally likes to go to bed in her clothes, and that means that I usually put her pullup on over her clothes after she's asleep.

She has this stretchy rayon outfit she likes a lot. I guess it got "baptized" becasue on our way to church this morning, the reek was awful. I had just washed all our clothes at the laundromat the evening before, including this one.

We came home to have her change, and I have them soaking in oxy clean. But it makes me feel like going to the laundromat does NOTHING as far as cleaning our clothes.

Anyone else deal with this?

Soliloquy
12-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Bac Out works great on all natural odors, IME. :tu

Vinegar is what my mom always used when a pet had an accident on carpet. It worked. :yes

Marsha
12-02-2012, 03:18 PM
So you can't just toss em in the washer?? I have to soak them, etc? Because I usually go to the laundromat once a week.

LadybugSam
12-02-2012, 03:22 PM
pee comes out best if it is thoroughly rinced in just water (or water with vinegar if its been a few hours), and THEN washed with soap. maybe you can hand wash at home and then throw in a wet pail until laundry day?

Marsha
12-02-2012, 03:30 PM
I guess I will have to do that. It comes out just fine out of her fleece pajamas and other things. But this rayon outfit and the matching leggings were just awful.

Soliloquy
12-02-2012, 04:26 PM
I add Bac Out to the washer. :yes Or spray it on the stained items right before they go in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Marsha
12-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Good idea, Lisa.....I don't keep wet things in the house, I hang them on the porch till dry and then throw them in the laundry, so I'd prefer to just spray before washing and eliminate a whole rinsing out/drying on porch thing in addition.