PDA

View Full Version : My foot! Owwww, my foot!

NovelMama
12-01-2012, 10:37 PM
My heel, actually. :( The other day at work I stood up (no, nothing fancy, nothing strenuous - just stood up at my desk) and my heel really hurt. When I got home and got my boots off I tried to massage it and realized it was some muscle on the side of my heel (the "inside" side). Totally didn't know I had muscles there. :giggle Anyway, that was on Thursday and it STILL hurts today, with every single step, and now even when I'm not putting pressure on it. It didn't help, I'm sure, that we had a field trip on Friday and I spent the entire day on my feet :doh. I've been icing it, and after I do that for a significant amount of time it seems to help for a short (very short - less than half an hour) time before it starts hurting again.

What the heck? Anyone BTDT and know what to do about it?

mamacat
12-02-2012, 07:14 AM
If you flex your foot and go up on your toe area does that make it hurt? Did it feel kind of teary? Sometimes there can be a slight tear in the connective tissues and the answer is that as soon as you get up in morning to put on a shoe like a running shoe that firmly holds it all together nd not walk n slipers or flip flops,clogs or even bare feet for awhile.If it was a pulled or twisted ankle can also take time to heal.Epsom Salts help

NovelMama
12-02-2012, 07:22 AM
Nope, doesn't hurt if I go up on my toes. It only hurts when I put pressure on my heel (like when Im walking) or if I put pressure directly on the side of my heel where the messed up muscle is. Shoes hurt. :(

Carini
12-02-2012, 07:27 AM
It sounds like it could be plantar fasciitis.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

mamacat
12-02-2012, 07:33 AM
That Plantar Fasciitis is what I was trying to describe

Carini
12-02-2012, 07:35 AM
That Plantar Fasciitis is what I was trying to describe

Oops...sorry. My mom has plantar fasciitis so I don't know it first hand. She just says she has heel pain and trouble walking.

mamacat
12-02-2012, 09:22 AM
No sorrys needed - wsnt offended - couldnt remember the name of it and was trying to ecribe it - glad you found a link :hug2

Auroras mom
12-02-2012, 05:53 PM
It sounds like one of the manifestations of PF. :yes You need to wear really good shoes (right for your specific foot and gait, which need to be evaluated probably). Ice can help, stretching the calf and soleus muscles well and often, and strengthening your hip and glutes can also help. Let it rest and keep your calf stretched, and hopefully it will go away soon. If it becomes chronic, try to get some physical therapy.

** oh - roll your foot on a tennis ball (or golf ball if you cna take it) to massage and stretch the plantar fascia. Also, use frozen water bottles to ice the area and dig them into the instep as well.