PDA

View Full Version : What do you suggest?

FaithHopeLove
11-29-2012, 12:52 AM
My bedroom at the new house has freshly painted white walls, very old wood floors in a medium tone, and cream/natural IKEA country style nightstand and dresser (body is cream, top and drawer knobs are natural pine). Wish they were white or another color, but cream they are. I might paint them someday, but not right now.

I scored a "quilt" (not pieced) of iced blue and white medallion print with a curved/waved border and two shams for $30 at Marshalls. Woot! It's modern and feminine all at the same time. I originally was going to go with a lot more color, possibly some super bright pink on one wall, but couldn't find any bedding that worked and then I fell in love with this set. My sheets are white.

I have two large windows, on two separate walls, and desperately need curtains. My bedroom is cold and on the front of the house so I need heavy duty ones. I have found some thermal/blackout ones in silver gray with a light sheen to them at Penneys for a reasonable price, so plan to get those. I already have some white sheers with a burnout pattern of a tree and a few moss green, felt birds on the trees from World Market. I searched for a pic but looks like they don't carry them anymore. I have enough for the two windows.

So here's my question -- I have two closets on one wall. This wall has no windows. The doors are cumbersome and block access so I've taken them out and planned on hanging a tension rod and some curtains there. I don't need the heavy, thermal curtains there. I'm not sure I like the idea of the matchy match of silver/gray curtains on three different walls, then the wall with my bed has nothing but the bed (and I have no headboard). I can't buy more of the sheers unless they have some sitting around at the store. I'm not sure that would visually cover up the contents of the closet enough. What would you hang there? Something white? Try to match the silver/gray? Another tone of gray? Another print and go sort of modern/boho? At this point, the room is very light with just the white/blue and the addition of the gray. (I kind of like the light, ethereal sort of feel the room has. It's very different than the rest of my place.)

Help! :)

Waterlogged
11-29-2012, 01:28 AM
Yellow?

Annainprogress
11-29-2012, 03:23 AM
I think I'd go either for something blue/silver (maybe a print that goes with but doesn't match the bedding) or maybe something in pink with white or cream or silver, in a similar design to the bedding.

FaithHopeLove
11-29-2012, 10:58 AM
I think I'd go either for something blue/silver (maybe a print that goes with but doesn't match the bedding) or maybe something in pink with white or cream or silver, in a similar design to the bedding.

Hm, I hadn't thought of the pink in a similar print. The ironic thing is the sheers in my livingroom are also a medallion print . . . I suppose I could repurpose them, but I love them so much in my livingroom . . .

Not a fan of yellow and gray, but maybe I should rethink it?

Waterlogged
11-29-2012, 11:20 AM
http://passport2design.com/yellow-blue-grey-bedroom-makeover/

http://ariannabelle.com/blog/2011/02/a-lovely-combo-grey-yellow.html

FaithHopeLove
11-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Yeah . . . I *know* it's the hot, new color trend, but I just reallllly don't like it. :bag In general I'm not a fan of yellow, but I'm starting to warm up to it. But it's the yellow and gray combo that doesn't appeal to me.

But thank you for posting those links! :heart