PDA

View Full Version : how do you *get rid of* dust?

celestial princess
11-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Between two cats and an abiding love of incense, our house is swimming in it, and I feel like dusting, vacuuming and sweeping just pushes it around. We can't open our windows, and the "sun fuzzies" as the dc call them (thank you Kai Lan :lol) are starting to gross me out.

Dovenoir
11-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Wet dusting and rinsing out the rag often. Air filters, damp mopping after sweeping and either a bagless water vac, steam vac or regular shampooing
Posted via Mobile Device

mommylove
11-26-2012, 08:26 AM
I use a damp microfiber cloth for dusting.

MegMarch
11-26-2012, 08:37 AM
I somehow acquired a large quantity of Swiffer dry cloths. I use those for dusting. Changing the air filter and using one that gets tiny particles helps.

The biggest thing is not having carpeting though. Once we moved to a home with mostly smooth flooring dust was less of an issue.

You might want to check seals around windows and doors. My mom lives in a windy area and struggles with dust because it just kind of seeps in.

For the cats, try alternating the types of brushes you use. I find this keeps them tidier. I like a flea comb and the Kong brand Zoom Groom.

believer
11-26-2012, 10:09 AM
You can't get rid of it. Changing your air filters if you have a/c that you use can help though.