PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Sore throat, cough, chills NEED to get better now.

breezy88
11-20-2012, 01:03 AM
I am alone with the kids for the next 48 hours and I need to be healthy. Tell me what to do. I'll do it. If I have it in the house. Please help.
The worst part is the sctrachy throat, cough, and itchy nose/ sneezing.

Johns_Gal
11-20-2012, 01:12 AM
I just did that solo. Eww. :hug

Tons of garlic. Take capsules, make soup and put a bulb in.

breezy88
11-20-2012, 02:00 AM
OH boy...I don't have capsules. I do have minced garlic in the fridge. Is their something I could go make right now?

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

I just used apple cider vinegar and felt better almost instantly. And I used GSE in juice. Is juice bad when your sick even if it is 100% organic and unfiltered? It's the only way I could get the GSE down. I am now having oatmeal with a tbsp of coconut oil and cinnamon.
Will do the garlic tomorrow for sure!

PlateauMama
11-20-2012, 03:24 AM
You might try this (from this thread (http://gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=464036) - p4):

*flu formula:
2 cups raw ACV
24-30 cloves of garlic
1Tbsp raw honey
1 tsp freshly grated ginger root
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper

Mix together in a lidded glass jar, keep in refrigerator up to 12-18 months. At first sign of illness, take two full tablespoons mixed in a glass of water.

DancingWithElves
11-20-2012, 07:43 PM
a cold, when allowed to go untreated, could last three full days.
however, with proper care, it can be all over with in as few as 72 hours.

;) :hugheart :cup

that being said, there are things you can do to speed the *normal* course of recovery and to prevent complications.

home-made chicken broth
oregano, dry, fresh, or oil
garlic, dry, fresh, or capsules
rest (as opposed to walking around)
warmth (literal warmth. socks. layers. warm fluids. etc.)
moist air (allow that broth to simmer uncovered, dry some clothes indoors, toss a wet towel over a back of a chair in each room, turn on a *clean* humidifier)
take mucinex (guaifenesin ) if it starts to camp out in sinuses or chest, if there is significant mucus
when all else fails and kids are being difficult and you need relief--do whatever you have to do and don't feel badly about it :hugheart i've gone full-on Afrin+Motrin+Benadryl+lots of dragon tales for the kids ;-)