PDA

View Full Version : There has to be something I can do

hopeforchange
11-18-2012, 06:50 PM
The kids all got a stomach virus well over a month ago. Since then, both boys have been complaining of their tummies hurting. Jamison seems to hurt more than Kaeden but I hear it all day, every day.

I know they have parasite, Protozoa, and I'm treating them with DE but I need something that will get rid of the pain for them. I can't handle hearing how bad those tummies hurt for much longer. It's awful!

So what can I give them to help their tummies?

Psyche
11-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Probiotics, IMO.

hopeforchange
11-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Probiotics, IMO.

We've gone through 2 boxes of probiotics since they were sick. I do need to pick up some more, though, bc we're almost out.

melliethepooh
11-18-2012, 07:58 PM
I would suggest bone broth, but...you know... :shifty

greendelight
11-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Are you using a good quality, multi-strain, needs to be refrigerated probiotic like MegaFlora?

ValiantJoy07
11-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Are you using a good quality, multi-strain, needs to be refrigerated probiotic like MegaFlora?
:yes
Apple cider vinegar w raw honey

We do 1TBS raw honey with 1Tbs raw organic ACV 12-16 oz of water...my kids think it is the best juice on earth.

ShangriLewis
11-19-2012, 02:14 AM
Is it gas or digestive related? I would try a TINY pinch of baking soda in water or juice. It makes it a little salty. It takes a bit and will make them burb. But, burbing is fun. That is what I take/give for an upset stomach.

hopeforchange
11-19-2012, 06:51 AM

They're taking one by Jarrow called Yum Yum dolphilus. It is refrigerated; it's the best I could find at Sprouts that was dairy free. If someone has a recommendation for something better, please share. :yes

:yes
Apple cider vinegar w raw honey

We do 1TBS raw honey with 1Tbs raw organic ACV 12-16 oz of water...my kids think it is the best juice on earth.

Ok cool, I will put ACV on the grocery list.

Is it gas or digestive related? I would try a TINY pinch of baking soda in water or juice. It makes it a little salty. It takes a bit and will make them burb. But, burbing is fun. That is what I take/give for an upset stomach.

It's more pain I think; since it's from the parasites, I'm not sure if this would help, but I can try.

houseforjoy
11-19-2012, 07:32 AM
i would be giving the de at night

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Fresh-Green-Black-Walnut-Wormwood-Complex-2-fl-oz-60-ml/591 -- this in the morning and afternoon I can give you a $5 off code for iherb if you haven't shopped there before

and giving lots of coconut oil throughout the day and doing the ACV drink too (you may have to add more honey at first if your kids aren't used to it)

i would also be cooking with LOTS of garlic gloves.

:hug we had a really bad parasite infestation after going to small christian campground one year :shiver it was awful :shiver the now foods complex really helped us. if you mix it in apple juice it just tastes like spiced cider.

hopeforchange
11-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Bbl when I'm not on my phone.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

i would be giving the de at night

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Fresh-Green-Black-Walnut-Wormwood-Complex-2-fl-oz-60-ml/591 -- this in the morning and afternoon I can give you a $5 off code for iherb if you haven't shopped there before

and giving lots of coconut oil throughout the day and doing the ACV drink too (you may have to add more honey at first if your kids aren't used to it)

i would also be cooking with LOTS of garlic gloves.

:hug we had a really bad parasite infestation after going to small christian campground one year :shiver it was awful :shiver the now foods complex really helped us. if you mix it in apple juice it just tastes like spiced cider.

Ok, I recognize that brand, so maybe I can get that at Sprouts, instead of having to order it. So you mix it in apple juice? They are going to be full of juice b/c I'm already letting them have a cup of orange juice a day to mix the DE in. If they get apple juice twice a day, the ACV mixture once a day and orange juice once a day, they'll be in heaven! When this is all over I don't know how I'll get them back to drinking just water, lol.

How do you recommend I get coconut oil into them? They don't much of anything that I could hide garlic in though.

I will definitely try the ACV drink. :yes Gotta get to the store and get some ACV, but I should be able to do that this afternoon.

houseforjoy
11-19-2012, 10:07 AM
you can just mix the walnut stuff in like a swallow or two of juice, or it might even taste fine in the acv stuff, just pour a bit of it a small cup first and then put the black walnut stuff in it.

will they drink warm beverages? coconut oil on top of tea or hot coco is yummy. otherwise you can put it in smoothies, or some people will just eat it off a spoon.

hopeforchange
11-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Ok, not sure when I can get more probiotics...maybe tomorrow. I bought the ACV and plan to start that tomorrow. Stbx brought the DE back tonight so I'll start that back tomorrow too.

I guess my question is if this is going to bring pretty quick relief to them? It's awful to have them tell me, so many times a day, that their tummy hurts. Their poops aren't solid and they cause rashes on their butts. They're hungry all the time, I think b/c of the constant uneasiness in their tummies. I need something that is going to help them quickly!

Auroras mom
11-20-2012, 08:37 AM
It's probably inflammation, and no, there may not be any quick fixes. My friend whose son has dealt with this for years, has completely taken the family off sugars and grains, and she limits fruit, and it helps him somewhat.

hopeforchange
11-20-2012, 10:27 AM
We are vegan so going off sugar and grains wouldn't really work for us. :) I took them to the doctor today and will be collecting stool samples on both of them to be tested.

HomeWithMyBabies
11-20-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm not vegan so this might be a dumb question :shifty but is there a way to reduce their fiber? Maybe stick to lower fiber foods, peeling the skins and removing seeds would cause less irritation.

4MKfam
11-20-2012, 11:49 AM
re: garlic, I think that's a great idea if you're dealing with parasites :yes.
As to how to get it into them :think... Would they like garlic bread? Spaghetti sauce? Some other type of pasta sauce that would have garlic?

Our go-to for stomach discomfort is a ginger-honey syrup I found at the HFS. I think it's made by NewChapter Organics. You can blend it into sparkling water and make a ginger-ale type drink, or take it by the spoonful.

melliethepooh
11-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Soak those grains legumes :yes

hopeforchange
11-20-2012, 05:45 PM
The doctor told me to bring in a stool sample so I'm waiting for them to poop. Poor J has been complaining with his tummy all evening. It's so heartbreaking, especially when I can't fix it. :-/

houseforjoy
11-20-2012, 06:15 PM
:hug

DancingWithElves
11-20-2012, 07:31 PM
even after a year of gaps i still get occasional stomach pains. the kind i've had as far back as i can remember myself) stomach pain, i know it :( it sucks. the *only* natural remedy that gives instant or near instant pain relief is clay. 1 tbsp of great plains liquid clay does it for me. i always have it on hand.

so sorry this is happening :hugheart

hopeforchange
11-21-2012, 08:58 AM
even after a year of gaps i still get occasional stomach pains. the kind i've had as far back as i can remember myself) stomach pain, i know it :( it sucks. the *only* natural remedy that gives instant or near instant pain relief is clay. 1 tbsp of great plains liquid clay does it for me. i always have it on hand.

so sorry this is happening :hugheart

Do you order that from any specific place and would it be safe for my little ones?

Also, I'm out of probiotics now...anyone have a good recommendation?

DancingWithElves
11-21-2012, 09:19 AM
i've given it to my infants. if you google great plains detox you'll see all the places that sell it. sometimes little local health food stores sell it, and even whole foods.

ShangriLewis
11-25-2012, 12:55 AM
How are things?

hopeforchange
11-25-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm just waiting to hear back from the doctor. I took poop samples into the doctor the end of the week. Dd's tummy is bothering her now. :-/