PDA

View Full Version : Weird Rash

LovinBeingMommy
11-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Went to my parents' church this morning. Usually, Monkey and I go somewhere else, but we try to go with my parents for special services, since my dad's the pastor and people ask where we are constantly if we don't come. (Apparently, it's the only church on the planet or something?)

Monkey plopped himself down in the first chair he saw after service because he thought sitting=food. :P~ I gave him my old iPod to entertain him while they finished setting things up and sat down next to him. I noticed a rash behind his ear. Really bright red, bumpy, with white at the tips of each bump. Really nasty looking. Showed my mom discreetly, but didn't try to take a picture or anything because I didn't want to draw attention to it at church. (He hadn't even gone near the food yet, much less eaten any.) Got home and went to take a picture and it was faded to a lighter red and the bumps were smaller. Still had white patches. Now, a few hours later, it's completely gone. You'd never guess it had been there.

So, now I want to know. What in the WORLD was it?!? He's had splotchy red rashes before, mostly when he was really small. It appeared to be diapers and detergent bugging him then. But this was different. It didn't look like any allergy rash I've ever seen and I've seen a LOT thanks to my brother's many allergies. I wish I had a picture to share. I was afraid people would ask me about it if I stood there at church trying to get a shot with my phone and I had no clue what it was or when it showed up. :bag I did NOT notice it at all before we sat down there, neither had either of my parents. I'm so confused!

graciousmomma
11-18-2012, 04:12 PM
My dd has gotten eczema behind her ear before...do you think it could have been that?

LovinBeingMommy
11-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Can that just magically disappear in a couple hours? It LOOKED like eczema, but I didn't think that could just disappear......

graciousmomma
11-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Sometimes my dd has eczema in different places that has come and gone. The stuff behind her ear did not go without treatment, though.

LovinBeingMommy
11-18-2012, 04:25 PM
I have no idea when this showed up, but it went from looking really bad to gone in about 2-3 hours. I would think I would have noticed it going about our day if it had been there long. It's just weird. :scratch

He has had mild eczema in a couple places in the past, but not in quite a while.