PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin Recomendations to build up Immune System

Naomi
11-17-2012, 12:41 PM
We have been sick off and on for over a month, and I'm tired of it. Between the 3 kids, we have access to about 60 kids and all of their sicknesses, and I have a feeling unless something changes, we are going to be sick all winter long.

What kind of vitamins, and how much should I be giving the kids to help boost their immune systems?

What should we be taking as adults (even though we don't get sick near as often as the kids do).

Any suggestions on where is the cheapest place to buy viatmins? Thanks.

Weezie
11-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Our girls take 2 Animal Parade multis each plus a minimum of 5,000iu of liquid Vit D. If i actually remembered to give them those I think it would help.:doh

HomeyT
11-17-2012, 05:38 PM
We do a multi, vit d (especially when I think we're fighting something, and probiotics. And ideally omega 3 but have not found one they like.

If they start to sniffle, cough I get on it right away. Essential oils rubbed on chest and feet, to vit c or green drinks, to juicing! No dairy. Herbal tea.

Oh and we're taking a once a week immune booster homeopathy remedy.

Wash hands!!! I have sanitary wipes in the car ;)

HomeyT
11-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Wanted to add...so far this fall/winter we've had no runny noses or major coughing!!! :( but we did have one bout of the stomach flu.