PDA

View Full Version : guest bedroom into a kid's room......

Lady Grey
11-11-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm brainstorming here.... We are looking at turning our guestroom into a room for DD and still accomodate occassional guests.

Right now there is a queen size bed in there. I really don't want to use that for DD because it takes up so much space in the room and it is very tall. We will probably end up storing that at my IL's house. (they have an empty bedrooms) I don't think it will fit through our attic entrance.

So if we move her twin bed in there, that would be fine for when my mom or MIL stay and DD could use an air mattress or sleeping bag in the boys' room. They are the only people who tend to stay here overnight. But what if we had more than one person visiting? My thoughts/options are.....

- buy a nicer/taller air mattress
- replace DD's current twin frame with a trundle bed
- or???

ValiantJoy07
11-11-2012, 12:09 PM
:think are there any other areas in the house that would be workable?

My family had a finished basement and guests stayed down there on a nice queen-sized futon.

If that wouldn't work-
what about a day bed with a Trundle under neath that can be popped up to make a king-sized bed? :think
edit: or really almost any bed will fit a twin Trundle under neath. :yes

JenLovie
11-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Will she be using her room for more than sleeping? If not, I'd be tempted to kee the queen bed and either buy a plain frame or put the mattress and box springs on the floor. If she'll use the room for play then I'd get a trundle if possible.

allisonlindberg
11-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Will she be using her room for more than sleeping? If not, I'd be tempted to kee the queen bed and either buy a plain frame or put the mattress and box springs on the floor. If she'll use the room for play then I'd get a trundle if possible.

I would do the same thing.

As a guest, I would much prefer to sleep with my DH in a large enough bed than on an air mattress or having a twin and the other one sleeps on a trundle (since you already have the queen bed...)

Lady Grey
11-11-2012, 02:29 PM
We don't have a basement or any additional rooms that would work.

The queen really isn't a good option to stay in there as it is pretty crowded already. We will also need to fit a bookcase and some sort of desk or small table.

LovinBeingMommy
11-11-2012, 03:21 PM
I would do a trundle. You can puse the two beds together if you want to be together. ;) My friend and I always pushed her bed and trundle against each other when I stayed at her house.

MomtoJGJ
11-11-2012, 03:47 PM
What about bunk beds that you could take down and make a king bed out of if you had more than one guest? Otherwise they could sleep in the room with dd.....