PDA

View Full Version : Friday 5 minute Challenge/to-do list

OkiMom
11-02-2012, 04:41 AM
I hope no one minds me starting a new thread. I usually lurk on the board but I need some motivation to get things done.. I have a ton to get done this month (we have 3 birthdays within the next 10 days and our anniversary is a week later). I made a to do list for the next three days then Im breaking it up to groups of 10 things to do and taking breaks after each group (or sooner if the littlest needs to nurse)

First ten:
Do dishes-done
wipe down counters-done
make bread dough- done
sweep kitchen floor-done
make monkey bread- done
wash baking dishes-DONE
rotate laundry-done
Hem b-day dress
cut out bday skirt
sew birthday skirt

twoplustwo
11-02-2012, 05:59 AM
I am in. I need motivation today. Im feeling extra unmotivated (I tripped and fell on my morning run because its dark and I can't see and I stepped off the edge of the trail :blush and then had to walk for a bit because my ankle hurt so I got back late & didnt do my weights. Then my daughter left her backpack in the house when she got on the bus - so I went to school to drop it off and she was uncontrollably crying because she couldn't find her backpack - her bus driver even called me about it because he was concerned about her being sad. Then she wanted me to come to class with her, I got her settled down and an older girl with glowing fingertipped gloves stopped to show up her gloves and an IA walked her to class and I reminded her it was treat Friday in the cafeteria so in the end she was happy and smiling and its cold outside and there is giant bowl of candy calling my name making me feel all lets take a day off . . . )

This is my to-do list:

Laundry - put away yesterdays 2 loads. Do 1-2 more loads today.
Dishes - dishwasher is running, hand wash breakfast pans, empty dishwasher.
Errand - walk to library, return books, pick up holds.
Clean upstairs bathrooms. Ideally, clean entire upstairs.
Make calls to tree people to get quotes.
Shower.
Get stuff together so we are ready to make Grandparents Xmas gifts this weekend.
Dinner & after school snack prep.

Not too terribly much if I would just get started!

OkiMom
11-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Cherly- you are doing better than I would be if I had a morning like that.. I probably would have gone back to bed and knitted until I had to do school work with the girls or it was time for dinner.. I call those my "do over days" I take the day off and do it over the next day to see if things go any better.

backtobasicsmum
11-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Thanks for starting the thread, Heather. :heart :rockon

So far I'm up, showered, fixed my hair, coffee, prepped a bit of breakfast and now baby is :nak...then I'll go make some pumpkin waffles. :yum

easygoinmomma
11-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Good Morning! Dh comes home today so I want to get things looking good. I also want to give ds2 a haircut, we'll see how that goes...

So far:
Started loading dishwasher
Breakfast for the boys
Coffee for me
Cleaned the toilet and little potty :sick
Diapers onto rinse
Cleaner in the diaper pail to soak

backtobasicsmum
11-02-2012, 08:51 AM
second load of laundry into the washer
kiddos fed
working on my eggs and coffee now

twoplustwo
11-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Cherly- you are doing better than I would be if I had a morning like that.. I probably would have gone back to bed and knitted until I had to do school work with the girls or it was time for dinner.. I call those my "do over days" I take the day off and do it over the next day to see if things go any better.

I thought about it, but yesterday I did coffee with the girls in the am & ran errands after that so got nothing done at home & really want to have this weekend off in terms of cleaning because I want to get the toy room redone with the kids so we are ready for Christmas! And its Friday - the up bathrooms would not make it til Monday - they were getting pretty gross!

This is my remaining to-do list:

Laundry - put away yesterdays 2 loads. Do 1-2 more loads today. 1 load in the dryer, 1 in the wash & 1 pending. Im doing 3 loads today but then should be good until Monday!

Dishes - dishwasher is running, hand wash breakfast pans, empty dishwasher. All done except the dishwasher still needs emptying.

Make calls to tree people to get quotes - this is next, my excuse to get back on the computer - I have the tree contact info here. But of course first I need to check, email, gcm, and facebook. :giggle

Shower. - the plan was to put kids on bus, clean bathrooms, shower. But I lost my momentum so I did the walk/library first to get it back and then I cleaned the bathrooms, but decided to do an extra hot load of laundry - so then I realized there wasn't enough hot water left. Must get done, I ran this morning so I need one!

I moved these things to done:

Clean upstairs bathrooms. Ideally, clean entire upstairs. Entire upstairs cleaned. :rockon Bonus: Cleaned down 1/2 bath as well. Double bonus: decided to wash exterior cloth shower curtain - looking dingy - but that upped me to 3 loads of laundry.

Get stuff together so we are ready to make Grandparents Xmas gifts this weekend.

easygoinmomma
11-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Diapers onto wash
Peeled and sliced apples and put them on the dehydrator
:nak2

backtobasicsmum
11-02-2012, 09:12 AM
checked the laundry in the dryer
dishwasher and the rest of the clean dishes being put away
kitchen swept
some clean laundry folded and put away
one more cup of coffee....

easygoinmomma
11-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Laid baby down
Cleaned up poop off of the floor :sick
Set poopy child in the tub
Gave him a quick haircut
Unexpected phone call
Baby awake
Finished haircut
Cleaned hair out of the tub
Rinsed the tub
Semi clogged the drain :doh
Tried to unclog drain
Rinsed hairy/poopy child
Grabbed a rubbermaid container to bathe child in
Ran bath

:crazy:ph :phew

saturnfire16
11-02-2012, 10:27 AM
I slept in too late and then had to run something to dh's work for him and make phone calls, so now I'm finally getting started on my day as soon as the baby is done nursing.

File a stack of paperwork
Vacuum
Clean the bathroom
Laundry- One put away, one ready to put away, one in the washer and one in the drier
Change sheets- stripped bed
Sweep patio
Dust
Straighten the book shelf
Help the girls with their room
Finish filling out a form and mail it- filled out, in an envelope and ready to go when I leave the house
Repack dh's firefighting bag in case he goes out on any FEMA disaster relief calls this winter
Rake the yard

easygoinmomma
11-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Took meat out for supper
Discovered the boys had taken an old laundry detergent bottle and dumped the remains all over the basement :glare
Got ds1 a cloth and a bucket of water to clean it up
Got all my hair stuff ready for the weekend
:nak

twoplustwo
11-02-2012, 10:59 AM
This is my remaining to-do list:

Laundry - put away yesterdays 2 loads (done). 3 more loads: 1 load folded, 1 load in the dryer, 1 in the wash.

Dishes - dishwasher is running, hand wash breakfast pans, empty dishwasher. All done except the dishwasher still needs emptying. <-- someone really needs to get this done!

Dinner & after school snack prep. <-- next, next, doing this next.

Shower. Done but I need to blow dry my hair.

Cleaned 2.5 bathrooms. Cleaned entire upstairs.
Tree quotes - called 4 companies. One already called me back, but I was in the shower, calling back now. He's coming to look at my trees in 25 minutes.

easygoinmomma
11-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Ds2 out of the bath and dressed
Started on lunch
Changed baby

twoplustwo
11-02-2012, 11:37 AM
This is my remaining to-do list & school is out & the bus is en route. Since we have a playdate after school today - Ill have to finish before & after dinner tonight:

Laundry - put away yesterdays 2 loads (done). 3 more loads: 2 load foldeds, 1 load in the dryer.

Dishes - dishwasher is running, hand wash breakfast pans, empty dishwasher. All done except the dishwasher still needs emptying. <-- someone really needs to get this done!

Tree quotes - called 4 companies. One already stopped by & gave me a quote.
Shower.

backtobasicsmum
11-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Not much is getting done today, I've got a terrible headache. :-/ I laid on the couch for a while, while the kids played in the bedroom.

lunch is fed
the big boys are clearing the table and putting food away
:nak

RiverRock
11-02-2012, 11:55 AM
I had to do an early school drop-off because of dd's band practice, so then I went grocery shopping, shoe shopping and more grocery shopping. I just finished lunch and will start to unload the car after I do a quick tidy of the kitchen. Signs of breakfast are everywhere!

twoplustwo
11-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Pretty much done! I still have to put away 1/2 of the 3 loads of laundry I did. The kids stuff is all put away, just dh & I left. And Im going to go up and do that right now. But everything else is 100% done:

Dishes - hand wash breakfast pans, finally! emptied dishwasherand its all filled up with todays dishes to be washed tonight!

Tree quotes - called 4 companies. One already stopped by & gave me a quote.
Shower.

saturnfire16
11-02-2012, 05:35 PM
I slept in too late and then had to run something to dh's work for him and make phone calls, so now I'm finally getting started on my day as soon as the baby is done nursing.

File a stack of paperwork
Vacuum
Clean the bathroom
Laundry- One put away, two ready to put away, one in the washer and one in the drier
Change sheets- stripped bed
Sweep patio
Dust
Straighten the book shelf
Help the girls with their room
Finish filling out a form and mail it
Repack dh's firefighting bag in case he goes out on any FEMA disaster relief calls this winter
Rake the yard

Also took out the trash
Ran two unexpected errands
And I'm half way done making an apple pie for dh's birthday tomorrow, just waiting for him to come home with butter.
A child is taking a late nap on my bed, so I can' put the sheets on or vacuum. :doh