PDA

View Full Version : How to deodorize my kitchen sink?

Elspeth
10-25-2012, 11:01 AM
My kitchen sink is old. Our house was built in the fifties, and the pipes have to be treated gently until we can get them replaced. I've had so much trouble with the drain clogging. It was stopped up for most of this week and I finally got it unclogged last night by using baking soda + vinegar and flushing that through with boiling water. I also had to use a plunger (in case you're wondering, I have one exclusively for my kitchen sink) to get it flowing smoothly.

Anyway, the sink stinks a bit now after this last clog. What are some things I can do to make it smell better?

LadybugSam
10-31-2012, 09:44 PM
i was going to suggest the baking soda/vinegar boiling water thing, that always helped my drain smell better not worse :think

try it again? :shifty :duck

Niphredil
10-31-2012, 09:47 PM
I use lemon in my garbage disposal... So maybe lemon juice? If it clogs so easily there might be a rotting blockage.

Elspeth
11-01-2012, 02:41 PM
i was going to suggest the baking soda/vinegar boiling water thing, that always helped my drain smell better not worse :think

try it again? :shifty :duck

Hey, I'm not above trying it again! :)

I use lemon in my garbage disposal... So maybe lemon juice? If it clogs so easily there might be a rotting blockage.

Ohhhhh I don't even wanna think about that. I will try the lemon juice and maybe scrubbing my sink with it will do something.