PDA

View Full Version : The house and a seasonal "blah".

Johns_Gal
10-23-2012, 09:52 AM
All Spring and Summer, I chug my merry little self along. I keep at the house, I cook with enthusiasm, I garden, etc.

Then, the daylight decreases and doing anything around here is just painful. :/ Instead of cheerfully going along, enjoying the results of my efforts... geez. I am flopping around, forcing myself to put laundry away, making giant batches of repetitive food so I don't have to cook every night/meal, and ignoring the decluttering and organizing that is required when one's husband is absentminded and messy. This is so not like me.

:help How do you break a seasonal rut? If I could clean it all and just abandon ship until spring, I would.

Aerynne
10-23-2012, 09:54 AM
I get like that, too. A few things that help me-

having a project. For me right now it is Christmas. It has to be something I can get excited about.

having Fall decorations up. If I have a nice display, I want it to look nice around the display, too, and I clean more.

not being 7 months pregnant. Just sayin' :shifty

Niphredil
10-23-2012, 10:35 AM
It sounds a lot like SAD. Something to think about.

For me, I am more likely to go out in the spring/summer and not stay just home. That is a huge source of motivation. This fall I'm aiming to do the same. So far... well, the results are mixed. :shifty

Waterlogged
10-23-2012, 10:38 AM
I think there's a reason there are more frequent and significant cultural celebrations in the fall. :shrug It's a hard season for a lot of people. :hug

Johns_Gal
10-23-2012, 10:43 AM
No second car. :( Nowhere to go if we had one... supposed to be buying one this summer, but I don't particularly see the point. I live a good fifteen miles from everything except the drug store, and with gas at almost $5/gallon... hmmph.

SAD seems... IDK, dramatic. I had that in my original title but then was all "pish, no, just winter blahs". But, I think you're right. I just hate to admit it. :shifty Winter is bad for me, and it's only October. It's sunny out, but so soggy and wet that it's unpleasant. And cold, and I left my coat in the car yesterday, so boo on me.

I have been forcing myself to ride my bike at night, so there's that. But I feel like a dramatic little slug with the level of willpower it takes to get out and wobble down the block. :violin

Add in the Undoer of a husband and I'm not doing so hot. :/

Niphredil
10-23-2012, 10:48 AM
:hug2

If I wasn't a lot in the same boat I'd have better ideas. Alas.

Johns_Gal
10-23-2012, 10:57 AM
:hug2

If I wasn't a lot in the same boat I'd have better ideas. Alas.

Word. I think you're a little bit too far north for me to walk to.

There's supposed to be the neighborhood mom's group meeting tonight, which happens once a month and I *need* to get to. Guess whose DH has an eye appointment thingie he requires a ride home from? :doh

Niphredil
10-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Join the five minute challenge. I'll be there. Bring some extra sarcasm and we'll have a blast.

Blue Aurora
10-23-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm in the same boat. This year I'm doing FlyLady and that is helping. Part of the problem for me is I don't feel satisfaction during the cooler months. Like today I feel blah and like I'm a lazy slug but in reality I've

Stripped and washed sheets
Dust mopped the house
Cleaned kitchen
Made home made soup for lunch
Homeschooled
Facilitated two naps
Took a shower and shaved (whoo, lol)
Decluttered and cleaned all the junk drawers and counters in kitchen

In the spring I'd be all high on the accomplishment of doing those things. :shrug3