PDA

View Full Version : Medela lanolin for lanolinizing wool?

DoulaClara
10-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Old school Lansinoh used to work for lanolinizing baby wool, but the HPA lanolin doesn't work. Any thoughts on the Medela lanolin? I stumbled across an old sample tube (3 years old?) in my Medela Harmony box.

PacisEtAmor
10-28-2012, 09:38 AM
:bump for you

melliethepooh
10-28-2012, 09:56 AM
:think if you can dissolve it with a bit of soap and hot water ought to work, yes?

lenswyf
11-02-2012, 06:35 AM
Lansinoh is pure lanolin. The Medela product has lanolin plus "Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-3 Sorbitan Stearate." If these two are in the other product that didn't work, I'd suggest you stick with Lansinoh. The price difference is minimal. Do you not have access to Lansinoh?

DoulaClara
11-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks! No, I have Lansinoh, but it's different than it used to be.

lenswyf
11-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Really? I looked at Lansinoh vs. Medela for dd, and it looked like Lansinoh was the same as always--100% lanolin.

Of course, for the prices I saw, you might look for a product such as these:
http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/products/clothdiapers/woolcare

DoulaClara
11-03-2012, 02:57 PM
I might have to try the liquid lanolin next! Thanks! With DD's wool when she was a baby, it was so easy and quick to squeeze out the yellowish, translucent Lansinoh, add warm water, swish with my hand until it was even along the top of the water, and dunk the wool. The new, whitish translucent stuff seems to goop around and not really act like the other stuff. Right now, I've been using Sheepish Grins spray lanolin, which is fine, but I feel like I end up using a lot of it, compared to the pea-sized amount of Lansinoh I used to use.

Lady Grey
11-03-2012, 03:16 PM
I've used Medela lanolin, though that was back when my oldest was a baby so I'm not sure if it's the same?