PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with a stinky mattress

Tandem mama
10-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Dh sweats a tonin his sleep. Ihad to change sheets daily-should anyway. Te mattress is less than a year old. It SMELLS! How do I fixit?

BelovedDaughter
10-20-2012, 05:30 PM
:cup
I'd like to know about this also. DH's side of the bed smells awful sometimes.

2sunshines
10-20-2012, 05:37 PM
The actual mattress stinks? Do you have a mattress cover?

Tandem mama
10-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Yes and yes. A waterproof mattress color, it isn't stained, just stinky.

2sunshines
10-20-2012, 07:02 PM
I guess I'm just surprised that the sweat and odour is making it all the way through the mattress cover. :think Have you ever considered getting one of those plastic mattress protectors in addition to the waterproof mattress cover?

To clean the current stink, could you rent a carpet cleaner and use the upholstery piece on the mattress? Have you tried sprinkling (or dumping ;) )baking soda on the area, letting it sit, then vacuuming it up? Febreeze? Airing it outside for a while?

Tandem mama
10-21-2012, 05:11 AM
It's memory foam so idk about a carpet cleaner.

I've tried baking soda, febreeze.
I can't air it out because we live in a modular home community with strict rules. Plus it's a king sized mattress that is super heavy due to being memory foam and idk that I could get it out of the room.

I have left the window of our room open and the fan on and taken everything off the mattress to let it air out. It helped some.

Christina+5
10-21-2012, 09:06 AM
There is a spray at walmart that helps take the smoke smell out of cars so they can sell. It's in the automotive section. I think it's called ozone. I would spray the bed with it.

Im on my phone. Please forgive the typos.

mamajane
10-21-2012, 09:31 AM
I wonder if the enzymatic spray for pee (from the pet store) would help with sweat smell:think