PDA

View Full Version : Do you LOVE your dishwasher?

swimming with sharks
10-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Tell me about it. I want to pink puffy sparkly :heart my dishwasher. We have HARD water (a water softener is not an option)

So :cup tell me!

Glitterfish
10-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Not a huge fan of mine. We don't have hard water though. It doesn't have a removable strainer thingy in the bottom, so all the washed off food and junk sits in a non-removable bottom :sick and I have to wipe it out :sick

And the glasses in the top don't always get clean. I usually put them in the bottom now, and then they get clean. Every once and awhile, I have to pretty much hand wash the whole load because they are all still dirty :(

Starfox
10-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Dishwasher with a disposal at the bottom. Best. Invention. Evah.

Vicki_T
10-19-2012, 11:05 AM
I :heart mine!! But then I hate washing up, so anything that means I don't need to do it is going to be popular with me! Our water is hard but we have a salt dispenser thing which I think softens the water. I've only had the dishwasher since February I think, but I've had no issues so far and I wouldn't be without it now.

Oh - it does have a removeable filter which I rinse once a month or so, but it's not too bad. I do rinse everything before putting it in which maybe helps.

justbreathe
10-19-2012, 12:31 PM
No, I hate mine. It pretty much stopped working so now it is a giant drying rack. :giggle

Even when it did work, I couldn't put any glasses or coffee mugs in the top or they wouldn't get clean. Or anything heavyish in the top b/c this dinky little part would break and the whole thing would fall down. :giggle I did have loading it down to a science though for maximum cleaning and it would drive me nuts if anyone else tried to load it.

I have never heard of one with a disposal or removable liner on the bottom! Love that idea!

Our has the silverwear basket on the door - I don't care for that at all.

eta: Though, I am so tired of hand washing all these dishes at this point that I would truly Pink Sparkly Heart it if it would work even half way. :giggle

Starfox
10-19-2012, 12:48 PM
The best ones have the disposal in the bottom, plus a spinning water shooter thing under the top rack that is hooked to a clean line of water in the back of the tub. You barely have to even rinse them!!! Did I mention I'm a sucker for a niiiice dishwasher. :shifty

BlissfullyEsther
10-19-2012, 01:27 PM
I have a two-drawer dishwasher which is freaking awesome because I have a medical thing which makes it painful for me to bend (ie washing dishes or filling a low dishasher). So I just use the top dishwasher most of the time, only filling the bottom one when we really need it. I've never had a dishwasher before in my life, so the last 12 months have been pure heaven! We have it with intergrated panels so it looks just like the rest of the cupboards and drawers in our kitchen - barely noticable.

But I don't know how you'd go with hard water. We have soft water (rain water only, no mains).

Starfox
10-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Oh that sounds FANTASTIC!!!

Dovenoir
10-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Models and brands people :giggle :poke

I love taking recommendations.
Posted via Mobile Device

Weezie
10-19-2012, 02:11 PM
I LOVE our dishwasher!

This one!! http://www.sears.com/kenmore-elite-24inch-built-in-dishwasher-w-360-deg/p-02213969000P?autoRedirect=true&sLevel=0&redirectType=SKIP_LEVEL

Did I mention I :heart:heartLOVE:heart:heart it??!!!

Enough that my parents bought the same one!!

swimming with sharks
10-19-2012, 03:54 PM
I :heart mine!! \. What kind is it?

No, I hate mine. It pretty much stopped working so now it is a giant drying rack. :giggle What kind is it?

Starfox
10-19-2012, 04:12 PM
I don't remember what ours was exactly, but it was a Kenmore, and it was the cheapest one that came with the disposal and the separate water line for the top rack washing spinnie thingie. (super technical, I know. :giggle)

doubleblessings
10-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Mine is ok, but I have a friend who :heart:heart:heart:heart hers. It is an Asko. It has lots of adjustments to the tines and racks so you can fit almost anything in and it has a fan drying system that she loves. I haven't asked how much it was (I think $$$$$).

HuggaBuggaMommy
10-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Hate it. We have hard water, too. We desparately need a softener but can't afford one at the moment. Jet Dry helps a little - without it, forget it. I wash everything by hand, and then run the dishwasher with no soap on the sanitize cycle, just so the hot, hot water will kill germs.

My parents like theirs. They have a water softener.

cro
10-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Well, this T4 isn't going to get sparkly-heart excited over anything. :snooty But I do like my Kenmore. I've had it (and hard water) for about 8 years. The trick is finding the right detergent. I read somewhere that powdered detergents work better w/ hard water, and I've found that to be true. Finish is my favorite, but I've also had good results w/ Ecover tabs and Target's auto dish packs. I usually use vinegar as a rinse aid.

I can't find a pic of my dishwasher, but here's what the control panel (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenmore-Dishwasher-Panel-Part-154456001-30-Day-Warranty-/110804666751?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cc79097f) looks like. The rest of it is stainless steel.

LoveIsGentle
10-19-2012, 08:56 PM
:cup Pretty much every single large appliance in our house is dying at the exact same time, including our dishwasher.

ncsweetpea
10-19-2012, 09:33 PM
I LOVE our dishwasher!

This one!! http://www.sears.com/kenmore-elite-24inch-built-in-dishwasher-w-360-deg/p-02213969000P?autoRedirect=true&sLevel=0&redirectType=SKIP_LEVEL

Did I mention I :heart:heartLOVE:heart:heart it??!!!

Enough that my parents bought the same one!!

I'll second this one! We got it earlier this year and I LOVE it!!! We got the white model...It has little special stem holders in the top for wine glasses. ;) And the turbo wash thing is really useful for casserole dishes, muffin pans, etc. It is so quiet you can stand right over it and carry on a conversation. It has a four hour delay which works well for our time of use energy plan. I :heart it!!!

Vicki_T
10-20-2012, 10:12 AM
What kind is it?

We had limited choice because we needed a slimline model, and I'm in the UK so don't know if this will help, but it's a Beko. My friend has the same but the normal sized version. FWIW I also use Ecover tablets and they've been good too. I don't bother with rinse aid, and I use whatever salt is the cheapest!

BlissfullyEsther
10-21-2012, 01:37 AM
Models and brands people :giggle :poke

I love taking recommendations.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fisher & Paykel Dishdrawers. I was going to add a link but their website is down, so here are some random google images.

This is what the inside looks like:
http://s3.appliancesonline.com.au/images/product/dd60scx6/external/fisher-paykel-dishdrawer-dd60scx6-high-5.jpg

Intergrated means it looks just like your other kitchen drawers. :)
http://remodelista.com/img/sub/fisher-paykel-integrated-dish-drawer.jpg

JustMandy
10-21-2012, 06:40 AM
:popcorn I need a dishwasher. It will be a couple months before we invest in one but I hated our last dishwasher and want a great one this time.

Domina
10-21-2012, 06:53 AM
I love mine. It's the GE Adora Potscrubber. Stainless steel bin, super quiet, holds a ton, disposal in the bottom...lovely.

Thia
10-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Lemi shine-for the hard water. Detergent goes in one spot and the lemi shine in the other. Our dw was brown inside from the hard water. One cycle w/ lemi shine and it glowed so beautifully inside.

swimming with sharks
10-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Well, this T4 isn't going to get sparkly-heart excited over anything. :snooty

:giggle

But I do like my Kenmore. I've had it (and hard water) for about 8 years. The trick is finding the right detergent. I read somewhere that powdered detergents work better w/ hard water, and I've found that to be true. Finish is my favorite, but I've also had good results w/ Ecover tabs and Target's auto dish packs. I usually use vinegar as a rinse aid.

:think I've never heard that about powder vs liquid. :rockon I'll try the switch. I've been using cascade liquid. I do use the vinegar as a rinse aid (when I remember! :bag)

Katydid
10-21-2012, 12:02 PM
:popcorn We currently do not have a dishwasher of any kind, but we are thinking about getting new cabinets/tweaking the layout of the kitchen so we can fit one in.