PDA

View Full Version : How do you scent your laundry?

Carini
10-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Since switching over to more natural laundry detergent, I find I miss that fresh laundry smell. I know, it's chemicals, but I like that clean scent.

I want to try something that actually works. I bought scented dryer balls and they never even scented the first time using them. I am experimenting with EOs in the wash but I'm not sure what to do in the dryer. I don't want my clothes getting spotted from the oils.

3boysforme
10-17-2012, 09:08 AM
I add a small bottle of Tide to my batch :bag

In my defense. I have well water, and it doesn't always smell the greatest. :shifty

mamacat
10-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Some of the more natural detergents have natural scents

blondie
10-17-2012, 09:11 AM
I scent my dryer balls with fragrance

mamajane
10-17-2012, 09:13 AM
I imagine you could add essential oils to the detergent or maybe to each load.
Here's one idea:

How do I make Homemade Dryer Sheets?
It is so simple...just...
Place a drop or two of oil on a washcloth and place it in the dryer!
And if I have socks, older shirts or towels in the wash I just put a few drops directly on them instead of using a washcloth. With the larger loads of towels and laundry that is for the barn, I use more oil; and for my intimates I use a little less!
http://www.experience-essential-oils.com/homemade-dryer-sheets.html

FaithHopeLove
10-20-2012, 01:45 AM
I like pretty scents in my laundry too! I've put essential oils directly in my washer with no problem. I like lemon sometimes and lavender sometimes. However, mostly, I just love Ecos laundry detergent and the light scent that comes from that. It's pretty yummy. I think they call it Magnolia White Lily or something?

Since I've switched over years ago, now I sometimes get really overwhelmed by the scent of someone's clothes as they walk by, who clearly washes in more intense, mainstream detergent. I've even had it trigger an asthma attack!