PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a good Prenatal Vitamin. . .

MamaPepper
10-16-2012, 08:05 PM
:rolleyes2 NO smarty pantseses. . . I'm NOT pregnant. Geesh! :P~

But seriously. . . I want my hair to grow out a little better and faster, and then I was thinking that instead of taking just a plain multi-vitamin, it would be just as healthy if not healthier to take a prenatal. . . but I would really like a "clean" brand. . . does that make sense?

Any recommendations?

:cup

HomeyT
10-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Progressive has a great vit b complex! Stopped my pp hair from falling out :) and my ND says its a professional brand.

MamaPepper
10-16-2012, 08:19 PM
what does "professional brand" mean, exactly?

Katigre
10-16-2012, 08:53 PM
I like BellyBar prenatals b.c theyre chewable and have decent ingredients They did help my hair be a bit thicker too.

http://www.amazon.com/Bellybar-Chewable-Prenatal-Vitamins-60-Count/dp/B003IUGHSI

HomeyT
10-17-2012, 05:10 PM
what does "professional brand" mean, exactly?

Not sure exactly. :) my nd sells professional vit (that's what she calls them) and she ref to progressive as such too. I also like the ones she has. I can't remember that name.

Hannah Elise
10-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Not sure exactly. :) my nd sells professional vit (that's what she calls them) and she ref to progressive as such too. I also like the ones she has. I can't remember that name.

My ND wanted to put me on a whole-foods-based multivitamin back when I first got the diagnosis of non-celiac gluten intolerant (I was deficient in minerals, not absorbing stuff properly, etc) and I ended up getting Garden of Life's RAW Prenatal. It's in capsules, instead of just powdered form like whatever she wanted to give me (I don't recall the brand), but the capsules contain powder.. so.. yeah. It's not a tablet or gelcap or anything like that. But anyway. It's food-sourced, the thought being that your body will more readily absorb food-sourced nutrients versus synthetic nutrients. I get mine from Amazon - cheapest I've seen it.

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Vitamin-Prenatal-Multivitamins/dp/B005JAT3TU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350522741&sr=8-1&keywords=raw+prenatal

HomeyT
10-18-2012, 07:47 AM
I like the idea of raw!! :) gonna check it out myself!

daughter_of_faith
10-19-2012, 03:24 AM
Rainbow Light is the prenatal I take. The Once Daily formula is the one I can best remember. ;)

Shutterbug
10-19-2012, 06:51 AM
The local midwife I hope to use recommends Rainbow Light but I've been looking into the Garden of Life RAW one a lot. I'm still trying to finish up my last bottle of store brand right now so that I can replace it with something better.