PDA

View Full Version : Our new cleaning plan

joysworld
10-15-2012, 09:10 AM
We started this plan last Thursday and its working really well so far.

After each meal kid of the day sweeps the floor and wipes up any spots. Kid of the day tomorrow cleans table, chairs, and counter tops. Yesterday's kid of the day loads/unloads dishwasher. Then, there's a room for each day m-f. And all the tasks that need to be done in a room are assigned.

Today's kid of the day, yesterday's kid of the day, and tomorrows kid of the day. Today was the living room. Kid of the day wiped some spots off the wall, some spots off the carpet and brings in the trash can from the curb. Tomorrows kid of the day cleaned the doors, light switches, and windows/mirrors. Yesterday's kid of the day dusted and vacuumed. Tuesdays are bathrooms, and so on.

My kitchen is clean all the time!! And the kids are actually enjoying the chores and look forward to knowing who is doing what. I just wanted to share because its working so awesomely for us:)

Niphredil
10-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Awesome! :rockon

We had a good thing going before we moved. You've inspired me to get it going again. :heart

Prism
10-15-2012, 09:56 PM
I need more kids. :shifty

I'm glad you found something that works for you!! :rockon

joysworld
10-20-2012, 02:05 PM
It's been really neat to see the kids internalize our cleaning plan, mainly in regards to how they eat. Since kitchen is cleaned three times a day, they have become aware of just how messy they are. So now when they eat, they try and remind each other of not getting food on the floor or the table. Because the less there is for them to clean, the sooner they get to go play. :giggle

ozmummy
10-20-2012, 02:11 PM
:rockon

You are doing so well!