PDA

View Full Version : Balsamic Cranberry Salad

charla
10-14-2012, 05:57 PM
I make a salad with romaine, dried cranberries, feta, cucumbers with balsamic vinaigrette, but I'm thinking about expanding it to be a main dish salad like this:

Romaine and spinach
Sliced cucumbers
Slivered red onion
Crumbled feta cheese
Dried cranberries
Roasted chicken or turkey cubes or slices
Toasted sliced almonds
Balsamic vinaigrette: balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, granulated onion, granulated garlic

I'm toying with the idea of including a chopped granny smith apple.

So what do you think?

mommylove
10-14-2012, 05:58 PM
What time is dinner? :shifty It sounds wonderful.

Johns_Gal
10-14-2012, 06:00 PM
I actually made a similar one this summer several times; it was so good. I used toasted walnuts instead of almonds, and a spinach only base, but that's pretty much it.

StumblinMama
10-14-2012, 06:05 PM
I make something similar, but with baby spinach instead of lettuce :yes

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Oh, I like crumbled bacon on mine, too :yum

charla
10-14-2012, 06:12 PM
What time is dinner? :shifty It sounds wonderful.

Well, I'm not sure when to make it since the kids won't eat it. :think Well, dd would eat part of the salad. Ds not at all. I haven't thought this all through yet. :giggle

:idea

Oh hey, the kids will eat chicken; I could make enough of that plus a side for them. :woohoo this is going to be on my menu one of these nights.

And, of course, you are welcome anytime. :hug

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

I actually made a similar one this summer several times; it was so good. I used toasted walnuts instead of almonds, and a spinach only base, but that's pretty much it.

Awesome :highfive

I make something similar, but with baby spinach instead of lettuce :yes

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Oh, I like crumbled bacon on mine, too :yum

No, you didn't mention bacon, did you? :lol Really it niggled in the back of my mind that it would be good on this salad but I successfully pushed it back. But bacon would be soooo yuuuummy....... :drool

bclemons84
10-14-2012, 06:22 PM
:drool... What time will supper be?!

Johns_Gal
10-14-2012, 06:40 PM
I find that mine will eat a salad if I part it out for him. :rolleyes He'll eat the toppings/chunky veggies and at least pick at the greens. I don't give him dressing because it doesn't chaneg what he doesn/doesn't eat... and then I can toss him greens into a smoothie and push it at him later. :shifty

Lady Grey
10-14-2012, 06:41 PM
I make one very similar without cucumbers and with raspberry viniagrette instead of balsamic. I can eat mountains of that salad.