PDA

View Full Version : Week 6 : Entryway and Living Room Challenge

RealLifeMama
10-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Hey Mama's! Y'all are in the last week! I bet your homes look great and your families are so comfy and happy in them.
I tried to make this list as universal as possible, I know that our entries are all probably very different. Some people have a formal foyer, some people have a front door that leads right to their living area with no distinct difference, some people don't even have a front door (like my old house! So odd that was...) In my house, our entry is like a hallway.
We have a family room, no formal living room/parlour. If you have both a formal living room and a family room, you can take points for each room. (I think that is what we decided, right?)
I will likely be back to edit this post later tonight, I just wanted to go ahead and get it up here. I will put anything I edit in red so it stands out. I will not delete anything in the list, just add something or change the intro paragraph.

ETA Mon 10AM EST- I will be offering a small prize for the winner.
I also edited the list a bit. I realized that many of us vacuum multiple times a week, so I edited the points to reflect that. Also, I added a task.

Have fun!

Entryway and Living Room Challenge
Outside Entryway/Front Porch
Remove items that do not belong on the porch that you might be storing there- 10 points per item
Sweep porch and walkway 100 points
Clean off welcome mat 50 points
Polish metal fixtures on door 20 points
Remove any spider webs or insect nests from corners of porch or door and/or light fixture 300 points
Add pretty seasonal décor to porch or door 100 points

Inside Entryway
Sweep Entryway 100 points
Remove fingerprints from door 100 points
Wipe down mirror if you have one 50 points
Clean cobwebs 25 points
Wipe down walls and light switches in that area 10 points each
Clear your hotspot flat surface that collects the stuff you drop as you come in the door 100 points
Tidy up your “shoe landing zone” 100 points- Bonus 50 points for cleaning the landing zone if it is a shelf or cubby area.
Vacuum carpet or runner 100 points first time, 25 points each additional
Stand in the doorway and look in. What do you see first? Put something inspiring and lovely that spot to welcome your family and others as they come in. 200 points
Share what you put there with us 25 written, 75 picture

Living Room
Remove any items that do not belong in the family room and put them where they belong 25 points per day for doing this.
Remove Cobwebs 25 points
Wipe fingerprints and marks off of doors 25 points
Clean Baseboards- 50 points
Disinfect switches and knobs 10 points each
Clean light fixtures and lamps 25 points
Replace bulbs 10 points each
Thoroughly clean windows 100 points per window
Dust blinds or window treatments 100 points per window
Sweep and mop floors 200 points
Vacuum carpets 100 points first time, 50 each additional time. 50 bonus for doing the edges with crevice tool
Move furniture and vacuum under 100 points
Bonus 100 points for carpet cleaning
Wash/clean area rugs 100 points per rug
Dust all furniture 100 points per piece
Dust Knick-knacks, pictures, mirrors, etc, 10 points each
Dust Ceiling Fans 200 points
Vacuum sofas and chairs 100 points
Launder any cushions and pillows that are washable 100 points
Storage:
Any storage units in your living room ? (Bookshelves? Media cabinets? Magazine baskets? Toy Bins?) 175 points per section done.

What is one area in your family room that is especially bothersome to you? Tell us about it. 100 points. Come up with a solution to that problem and implement it. 200 points

Update an old family photo or add a new one 100 points
Add some seasonal decorations 50 points

Daria_Aleksandrovna
10-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Great list!

:cup

mamamonkey
10-14-2012, 09:47 AM
:cheer Thanks Amy! :heart

My front porch really needs some love.

RiverRock
10-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Love the list. I especially like the update a photo challenge. :tu

easygoinmomma
10-14-2012, 10:34 AM

Remove items that do not belong on the porch that you might be storing there- 10 points per item 30
Sweep porch and walkway 100 points
Clean off welcome mat 50 points
Remove any spider webs or insect nests from corners of porch or door and/or light fixture 300 points
Add pretty seasonal décor to porch or door 100 points

Inside Entryway
Sweep Entryway 100
Clean cobwebs 25 points
Clear your hotspot flat surface that collects the stuff you drop as you come in the door 100 points
Tidy up your “shoe landing zone” 100 points- Bonus 50 points for cleaning the landing zone if it is a shelf or cubby area.
Vacuum carpet or runner 100 points first time, 25 points each additional
Stand in the doorway and look in. What do you see first? Put something inspiring and lovely that spot to welcome your family and others as they come in. 200 points

Living Room
Remove any items that do not belong in the family room and put them where they belong 25 points per day for doing this.
Remove Cobwebs 25 points
Vacuum carpets 100 points first time, 50 each additional time. 50 bonus for doing the edges with crevice tool
Storage:
Any storage units in your living room ? (Bookshelves? Media cabinets? Magazine baskets? Toy Bins?) 175 points per section done.

What is one area in your family room that is especially bothersome to you? Tell us about it. 100 points. Come up with a solution to that problem and implement it. 200 points

Add some seasonal decorations 50 points

Cat
10-15-2012, 05:13 AM

greengirl19
10-15-2012, 07:33 AM
I'm in!

RealLifeMama
10-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Eeek! What happened! I am trying to fix it, but my wireless signal keeps disappearing. Thankfully, I made the list on word.

It is all better now....that is strange. Half the list had disappeared. Gave me a heart attack earlier!

Daria_Aleksandrovna
10-16-2012, 05:51 AM
Clean off welcome mat 50 points 50

Inside Entryway
Sweep Entryway 100 points 100
Remove fingerprints from door 100 points 100
Clean cobwebs 25 points 25
Wipe down walls and light switches in that area 10 points each 30
Clear your hotspot flat surface that collects the stuff you drop as you come in the door 100 points 100
Tidy up your “shoe landing zone” 100 points- Bonus 50 points for cleaning the landing zone if it is a shelf or cubby area. 150
Vacuum carpet or runner 100 points first time, 25 points each additional - no carpet, but I mopped the floor :) 100
Stand in the doorway and look in. What do you see first? Put something inspiring and lovely that spot to welcome your family and others as they come in. 200 points - 200 instead of horrible clutter, now it's big vase with tall twigs and flowers
Share what you put there with us 25 written, 75 picture - 75 instead of horrible clutter, now it's big vase with tall twigs and flowers (I don't love it yet but it's vast improvement on usual)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8474/8110068303_564b25ec66.jpg

Living Room
Remove any items that do not belong in the family room and put them where they belong 25 points per day for doing this. 25x7=175
Remove Cobwebs 25 points 25
Wipe fingerprints and marks off of doors 25 points 25
Clean light fixtures and lamps 25 points 25x3=75
Replace bulbs 10 points each 10x10=100 (yes, we've got 6 light fixtures of which two are chandeliers...)
Thoroughly clean windows 100 points per window 2x100=200
Dust blinds or window treatments 100 points per window 200
Sweep and mop floors 200 points 200
Vacuum carpets 100 points first time, 50 each additional time. 50 bonus for doing the edges with crevice tool 200
Move furniture and vacuum under 100 points 200
Dust all furniture 100 points per piece 100
Dust Knick-knacks, pictures, mirrors, etc, 10 points each 80
Dust Ceiling Fans 200 points - no ceiling fan
Vacuum sofas and chairs 100 points 100
Launder any cushions and pillows that are washable 100 points 100
Storage:

175+175+175+175+175+175=875+175=1050

What is one area in your family room that is especially bothersome to you? Tell us about it. 100 points. - 100, It bothers how our large dining table gathers clutter so fast. And how dining chairs are often used as wardrobe for my DH's clothes!
Come up with a solution to that problem and implement it. 200 points - 200, wardrobes have been decluttered and there is breathing space now, so my DH might be more inclined to access wardrobe more easily. I've been reminding him a bit so it's getting better.

Update an old family photo or add a new one 100 points - 100
Add some seasonal decorations 50 points 50

Total 4260.

RealLifeMama
10-21-2012, 05:49 AM
How are y'all doing? Have you accomplished a lot?

I read on someone elses thread to have points in my 12AM Monday. Is that like tonight's midnight or tomorrow? I am going to be compiling a co-op order today and tomorrow, so I am in no rush, but I also do not want to drag it out.

Daria_Aleksandrovna
10-21-2012, 06:15 AM
Ooh, I think you are referring to my thread...it had the most haphazard rules - like post any time on Monday before midnight. But before then everyone posted the rule that points should be posted at 11am on East Coast time. Up to you :shrug3

Our corridor is getting cleaner, removed all horrible pile of clutter, put nice vase in there instead.))
Need to get cracking with living room though.

RiverRock
10-21-2012, 07:34 AM
I chose Pacific Standard time because that's my time zone. :tu

Great list. I changed my kids' outdated school photos right away.

easygoinmomma
10-21-2012, 03:04 PM
I wish I would have gotten more done, but I am happy with what I did get done. :rockon

greengirl19
10-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Remove items that do not belong on the porch that you might be storing there- 10 points per item 30
Sweep porch and walkway 100 points 100
Clean off welcome mat 50 points 50
Remove any spider webs or insect nests from corners of porch or door and/or light fixture 300 points 300
Add pretty seasonal décor to porch or door 100 points 100

Inside Entryway
Sweep Entryway 100 points
Clean cobwebs 25 points 25
Vacuum carpet or runner 100 points first time, 25 points each additional 150

Living Room
Remove any items that do not belong in the family room and put them where they belong 25 points per day for doing this. 75 needed to do so much more of this
Remove Cobwebs 25 points
Vacuum carpets 100 points first time, 50 each additional time. 50 bonus for doing the edges with crevice tool 300
Storage:

Add some seasonal decorations 50 points 50

I feel like I only got the basics done. Oh well. The main problem in the living room still exists, that we use the couch as a laundry storage/folding area. :dohTotal:1180

Daria_Aleksandrovna
10-21-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm done - 4260 - small apartment and no porch, nothing else left to do except carpet shampooing.

RealLifeMama
10-22-2012, 08:57 PM
So, it is midnight Monday night here. Has everyone posted all their points?

Cat
10-23-2012, 04:02 AM
I didn't keep track of points this week, but my living room is looking great!:rockon