PDA

View Full Version : Centipedes

mollobe
10-02-2012, 08:46 PM
These centipedes are going to be the end of me! :shiver Anyone know of natural way to get rid of them?! Or even just lessen them??? I seriously see at least 4-5 when I go in the basement to do laundry at night.
We have a finished room in the basement that we rent out to a college student and she's kinda freaking out about them. They tend to hang out more in the unfinished part, but she still runs into them a lot. :pout

blondie
10-02-2012, 08:48 PM
:shiver

Things like that make me want to cry. We have silverfish in our basement, and I get really upset about them. :shiver :shiver :shiver

LovinBeingMommy
10-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Keep a light on? Sorry, I don't know much to help, but I know they run from light... (I have them in my basement, too. I try to ignore that fact.)

Katigre
10-02-2012, 08:55 PM
My house growing up had centipedes, it was horrifying, absolutely horrible. Our basement currently has one waterbug in it that drives me nuts - it only comes out at night so if I have to do laundry at night I know I'll see it. I hope it disappears soon with the seasons changing

Honestly, if I had someone living in my basement with centipedes I would pay to have chemicals sprayed :shifty.

mollobe
10-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Yeah, we're considering an exterminator, I just wanted to see if there was anything we could try that didn't involve chemicals first. :-/

I swear we've got a whole colony or something - I see teeny tiny ones that are nearly see-through and then there's the "grand-daddy" ones that are black/brown and at least 2 inches long. :yuck And they move SO fast and they KEEP moving even after being squished! :shiver