PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 HBC - Office/Laundry/Room of Doom!

easygoinmomma
09-27-2012, 10:00 PM
This week starts Oct.1. I can't believe it is october already!!! :jawdrop This year is going by so fast. Anyway I just wanted to add that is weeks winner will get a little something special from me. :D Please post your totals here in a new post by Monday Oct. 8.

Office
Cleaned off and dust the desk 50pts
File away any loose papers that need to be filed 20pts
Dust computer screen/laptop 10pts
Blow out keyboard and tower 20pts
Rehome anything that does not belong on the desk 5pts/item
Check to see if you are running low on supplies (ie. paper, printer ink, pens) 10pts
Clear off and dust any bookshelves (get rid of books that you don't like or just don't read or are just falling appart) 50pts
My office also my craft room too. Some have already touch on this in previous weeks, but if you haven't feel free to do so now.
Clear off and organize any craft tables 50pts
Clean out and organize any craft cupboards 100pts
Get rid of any crafting stuff you no longer need, use, or want 50pts

Laundry Room
Mount "washmore"
Wash - 10pts
Dry - 10pts
Fold - 10pts
Away - 10pts
Bonus for each load completed daily - 10pts
Each load dried without the dryer - 10pts
Ironing - 10pts/item

Move the washer and dryer and clean behind them 100pts each
Clean the washer. Run a load of vinegar through it, dust the top, wipe the inside of it, get all the soap crusties cleaned out, take a q-tip and clean all the hard to get places. 150pts
Clean the dryer. Clean off the top of the dryer (mine seems to collect all kinds of thing on it), dust, wipe the inside of it, vacuumed out the lint trap and wash it in hot soapy water. 150pts
Check all your laundry supplies and get rid of any empties. 10pts
Make a "missing sock" system. I have a string with clothes pins on it that I hang missing sock on. Maybe just a basket on top of the dryer is what works for you. Anyway make something for missing socks. 20pts (take the points if you already have a system)

Room of Doom
Start by decluttering. Get rid of all those piles of *stuff*. Rehome them, recycle them, give them away, throw them out. Whatever it is to get them out of there. 50pts/pile
Figure out a way to keep this room from becoming "the room of doom" again. Put up shelves, organize things into bins or baskets, just make a goal to not let this room become a disaster. 150pts plus 50pts if you share what you did to help this room stay organized

These points can apply to each room
Swept, mopped, or vacuumed 50pts (can be taken daily)
Wash walls 50pts/wall
Washing baseboards 50 pts/wall, but includes any door frames, doors and window surrounds in that wall space
Washing windows including casings 25 pts/window
Remove and wash screens 25 pts/window
Dust and/or remove and wash curtains 50 pts/window
Wipe down blinds 25 pts/window
Dust all surfaces 20pts/5 minutes

Bonus challenge
Since it is Canadian Thanksgiving this week spend some time with your family and talk about what you are thankful for. 200pts
Since this hbc has been a little different I find that I spend my week focusing on one part of the house and the rest of my house gets neglected. So take 50pts/10 minutes that you spend cleaning a different part of the house.

If I have forgotten anything please let me know. :)

RiverRock
09-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Phew! I don't have to decide yet what room is most full of doom. I can stay busy for awhile in the office and laundry room. :yes

Normajean, I hope your weekend is restful!

easygoinmomma
09-28-2012, 08:31 PM
We are off to see backtobasicsmum and her crew. I am sure it will be a blast. :heart

easygoinmomma
09-30-2012, 03:06 PM
:bump :D This starts tomorrow!

Daria_Aleksandrovna
09-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Great list! :rockon

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Yeah it was a lot harder to be motivated to touch kitchen and bathroom, so good call.

greengirl19
09-30-2012, 03:44 PM
Oh boy, I've been dreading office week. It's really DH's territory as 3/4 of the room and it's stuff is strictly his. But there's my sewing machine and a bookcase that I could work on. Oh boy.

Cat
09-30-2012, 04:53 PM
:cup

mamamonkey
10-01-2012, 06:42 AM
:popcorn

cro
10-01-2012, 09:56 PM
:nails This challenge scares me. There is SO MUCH to do in these rooms of mine! How much I do depends on the weather. If it's nice out, I'll be working on fixing/staining the deck, but if it rains (like it's supposed to these next 2 days), then I'll be inside tackling these piles.

RiverRock
10-02-2012, 04:42 AM
I am going to be so happy just to get the laundry room done. :tu

easygoinmomma
10-02-2012, 08:40 AM
I hope I can get somethings cleaned. Baby just wants to be held.all.the.time.

easygoinmomma
10-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I cleaned my washer today and it took AMAZING!!!

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Office
Cleaned off and dust the desk 50pts
Rehome anything that does not belong on the desk 5pts/item 5+5+5+5+5
Check to see if you are running low on supplies (ie. paper, printer ink, pens) 10pts
Clear off and dust any bookshelves (get rid of books that you don't like or just don't read or are just falling appart) 50pts
My office also my craft room too. Some have already touch on this in previous weeks, but if you haven't feel free to do so now.

Laundry Room
Mount "washmore"
Wash - 10+10+10+10
Dry - 10+10+10
Fold - 10+10+10+10+10
Away - 10+10+10+10+10+10
Bonus for each load completed daily - 10pts

Move the washer and dryer and clean behind them 100pts each
Clean the washer. Run a load of vinegar through it, dust the top, wipe the inside of it, get all the soap crusties cleaned out, take a q-tip and clean all the hard to get places. 150pts
Clean the dryer. Clean off the top of the dryer (mine seems to collect all kinds of thing on it), dust, wipe the inside of it, vacuumed out the lint trap and wash it in hot soapy water. 150pts
Check all your laundry supplies and get rid of any empties. 10pts
Make a "missing sock" system. I have a string with clothes pins on it that I hang missing sock on. Maybe just a basket on top of the dryer is what works for you. Anyway make something for missing socks. 20pts (take the points if you already have a system)

Room of Doom
Start by decluttering. Get rid of all those piles of *stuff*. Rehome them, recycle them, give them away, throw them out. Whatever it is to get them out of there. 50pts/pile 50+50+50+50
Figure out a way to keep this room from becoming "the room of doom" again. Put up shelves, organize things into bins or baskets, just make a goal to not let this room become a disaster. 150pts plus 50pts if you share what you did to help this room stay organized

Swept, mopped, or vacuumed 50pts (can be taken daily)
Wash walls 50pts/wall
Washing baseboards 50 pts/wall, but includes any door frames, doors and window surrounds in that wall space

Bonus challenge
Since it is Canadian Thanksgiving this week spend some time with your family and talk about what you are thankful for. 200pts
Since this hbc has been a little different I find that I spend my week focusing on one part of the house and the rest of my house gets neglected. So take 50pts/10 minutes that you spend cleaning a different part of the house. 50+50+50+50+50+50+50+50+50+50+50

Daria_Aleksandrovna
10-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Baby managed to sleep? Yay clean washer.

This week I reckon I will get decent laundry points - lots of barfing going on...:sick

easygoinmomma
10-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Actually, I think his teeth aren't bothering him anymore AND he is getting better at sitting up so he was quite content to chill on the floor.

:hugheart I am sorry you guys have the sickies.

Daria_Aleksandrovna
10-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Office
Cleaned off and dust the desk 50pts 50
Rehome anything that does not belong on the desk 5pts/item 50
Check to see if you are running low on supplies (ie. paper, printer ink, pens) 10pts 10

Laundry Room
Mount "washmore"
Wash - 10pts 20+30+40
Dry - 10pts
Fold - 10pts 50+40
Away - 10pts 50
Bonus for each load completed daily - 10pts 90
Each load dried without the dryer - 10pts 90
Ironing - 10pts/item

Move the washer and dryer and clean behind them 100pts each 100
Clean the washer. Run a load of vinegar through it, dust the top, wipe the inside of it, get all the soap crusties cleaned out, take a q-tip and clean all the hard to get places. 150pts 150
Check all your laundry supplies and get rid of any empties. 10pts 10
Make a "missing sock" system. I have a string with clothes pins on it that I hang missing sock on. Maybe just a basket on top of the dryer is what works for you. Anyway make something for missing socks. 20pts (take the points if you already have a system) 20

Room of Doom
Start by decluttering. Get rid of all those piles of *stuff*. Rehome them, recycle them, give them away, throw them out. Whatever it is to get them out of there. 50pts/pile 100

Swept, mopped, or vacuumed 50pts (can be taken daily) 150
Wash walls 50pts/wall

Bonus challenge
Since this hbc has been a little different I find that I spend my week focusing on one part of the house and the rest of my house gets neglected. So take 50pts/10 minutes that you spend cleaning a different part of the house. 300

shekinah
10-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Office
Desk 50pts
File papers 20pts
Dust computer 10pts
Rehome 5pts/item 35
Low supplies 10pts
Clear off and dust any bookshelves 50pts

Laundry Room
Wash - 10pts 60
Dry - 10pts 60
Fold - 10pts 60
Away - 10pts 60
Bonus for each load completed daily - 10pts 60
Ironing - 10pts/item 10

Clean behind washer and dryer 100pts each
Clean washer 150pts
Clean dryer. 150pts
Supplies 10pts
Make a "missing sock" system. 20pts

Room of Doom
Decluttering, selling, rehoming. 50pts/pile 250
Make a System 150pts
Share your system 50pts

Swept, mopped, or vacuumed 50pts 150
Wash walls 50pts/wall
Washing baseboards 50 pts/wall, 100
Dust all surfaces 20pts/5 minutes 60

Bonus challenge
Thanksgiving family time 200pts
Other house areas 50pts/10 minutes 350

TOTAL -1695

greengirl19
10-07-2012, 11:41 AM
We just got home from being out of town for 2 days. I'm going to be late getting my points in, but it's not anything earth shattering.

here's what I have so far:
clear off crafting tables (sewing machine) - 50
get rid of crafting stuff - 50

laundry steps - 50
ironing - 20
cleaned washer and dryer! - 300
threw away empty boxes - 10

decluttered piles - 150

vacuumed - 150
washed windows - 100

Total: 880

mamamonkey
10-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Total: 2600

I did manage to make a dent in my "room of doom" (well, actually basement of doom :bag), but it is FAR from done. :sigh

I got my laundry room done, office space tidied, and tackled the rest of my house in 10 minute intervals. It actually made it a little easier to do 10 mins in one room and then move on to another room for another 10 mins. I'm going to try to keep that system for a little while.

Cat
10-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Didn't do points this week. I could not bear going into the office, which happens to be the room of doom, in the middle of dh's semester. And I don't really have a laundry room, so...:giggle:giggle

easygoinmomma
10-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Well, I didn't get as much done as I would have like too. My points were 1145.

mamamonkey, I found the 10 mins and 10 mins there a big help too.

Anyone else want to post their points?

RiverRock
10-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Laundry and ironing--290 pts. Um, that was a lot of laundry.

shekinah
10-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Oh, sorry, didn't know I was supposed to make a separate post. 1695 points this week. I didn't even touch the washer/dryer for cleaning all around and behind. Room of doom sorting and decluttering was enough!

Daria_Aleksandrovna
10-09-2012, 05:38 AM
Only just managed to calculate now - 1350 pts.

But I'm soo happy with sparkling clean laundry room and big jar of homemade laundry detergent got refilled to last for very long while.
(but we don't have dryer to get extra points from, our is a combo washing and dryer :)