PDA

View Full Version : How can I get rid of cat urine smell for good?

Radosny Matka
09-27-2012, 07:21 AM
:banghead Our cats lived in the house while we were in Germany. Our neighbor came over at least once a day to check on them. When we returned, our house smelt like cat urine. It was overwhelming. I steam cleaned everything, and got rid of most of it. Then I essentially took everything out of our family room. I re-steamed the carpets. Then sprinkled it was a baking soda deodorizer. I vacuumed that up. I washed the walls, and then sprayed everything with a citrus spray. It smelt great for about a week. Last night, it had a very strong urine smell again. :hissyfit GAH! How can I get rid of it for good? Last time this happened, I used Febreeze, but I don't use that stuff anymore. It's essentially cancer in a bottle. I'm so frustrated. It's possible the cat is spraying, but he NEVER sprayed before, and he is neutered. It was our other cat that we lost in June who sprayed (long story). Any ideas on what will get rid of the smell for good!!!

allisonintx
09-27-2012, 07:29 AM
Rip out the carpet, and paint the concrete with Kilz :duck

mamacat
09-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Something with enzymes will break it down and eventually clear it but have to warn you that 1st it breaks down into this horrid worst BO type smell you have ever encountered.Had someone visit that had a kitten in my dds room that wet in there and it is now clear of the smell but it took some time and the BO smell was awful too...........

Radosny Matka
09-27-2012, 07:49 AM
Rip out the carpet, and paint the concrete with Kilz :duck

Dh would never, ever, EVER go for that!!!

mamacat
09-27-2012, 08:03 AM
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Simple-Solution-Urine-Destroyer-32-oz/20552968