PDA

View Full Version : Bedrooms Part 1 - Week 3 of the "other" HBC!

Cat
09-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Bedrooms Part 1 – Week 3 of the “other” HBC!

This is Week 3 of the “other” HBC, and it is Part 1 of the Bedrooms Challenge. For this first part, we will be focusing on things we see, so no closets/cupboards/drawers/wardrobes! We’ll get to all that in Part 2 :giggle
The person who earns the most points this week will receive a small token from me for all of their hard work. To qualify for the prize, points need to be submitted in this thread in a separate post by 11:00 am PST on Monday, October 1.
If I’ve missed anything, maybe it’ll show up in Bedroom Part 2 :giggle, but feel free to suggest jobs and point values in this thread.
I also figured since we just went through bathrooms and kitchens :phew and since bedrooms are not always on display for company, I went a bit nutty with the points to keep us all motivated. :lol
Good luck, ladies! :cheer

Master Bedrooms/Kids’ Rooms/Guest Rooms

Declutter Look at all the surfaces in the bedrooms: tops of dressers, vanity, nightstands, shelves, baskets. 10 points for each item thrown out, recycled, rehomed, given away by Monday
Reorganize Clean/disinfect items and reorganize 175 points per section done, i.e. surface, shelf, basket, etc.
Clean Wash all walls, ceilings, baseboards, doors 75 points per side Disinfect switches and knobs 10 points each Clean light fixtures and lamps 25 points each Replace bulbs 10 points each Thoroughly clean windows 100 points per window Wash/clean window treatments 100 points per window Sweep and scrub floors 200 points per floor Vacuum carpets 100 points per floor-Bonus 100 points per floor for carpet cleaning Wash/clean area rugs 100 points per rug Wash and polish all furniture 100 points per piece Wash/seasonal change of bedding if you haven’t already done so (launder pads, pillows, skirts, comforters, blankets, sheets) 375 points
My bedroom is also home to our TV/DVD area as we don’t like that in the living area. Some of you may have your craft areas, exercise areas, desk areas, etc located in a bedroom 375 points for decluttering, cleaning, and reorganizing these areas
My room is also the holding station for any projects I have going 250 points for organizing projects 500 points for each completed project

BONUS CHALLENGES
Get your dh and/or kids to help 275 extra points per helper
Rearrange rooms 275 extra points per room
Plan something special :eyebrows 500 points
Add something beautiful or fun 500 points
Post pics! 500 points

greengirl19
09-23-2012, 04:51 PM
I love the bonus challenges!

I read through the list once and thought it seemed doable. Then I realized it's for all the bedrooms, not just the master. Oh boy!

easygoinmomma
09-23-2012, 07:20 PM
:rockon

Declutter Look at all the surfaces in the bedrooms: tops of dressers, vanity, nightstands, shelves, baskets. 10 points for each item thrown out, recycled, rehomed, given away by Monday 10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10
Reorganize Clean/disinfect items and reorganize 175 points per section done, i.e. surface, shelf, basket, etc. 175+175+175+175
Clean Wash all walls, ceilings, baseboards, doors 75 points per side 75+75+75
Disinfect switches and knobs 10 points each 10+10+10
Clean light fixtures and lamps 25 points each Replace bulbs 10 points each 25+10
Thoroughly clean windows 100 points per window
Wash/clean window treatments 100 points per window
Sweep and scrub floors 200 points per floor
Vacuum carpets 100 points per floor-Bonus 100 points per floor for carpet cleaning
Wash/clean area rugs 100 points per rug
Wash and polish all furniture 100 points per piece Wash/seasonal change of bedding if you haven’t already done so (launder pads, pillows, skirts, comforters, blankets, sheets) 375 points
My bedroom is also home to our TV/DVD area as we don’t like that in the living area. Some of you may have your craft areas, exercise areas, desk areas, etc located in a bedroom 375 points for decluttering, cleaning, and reorganizing these areas
My room is also the holding station for any projects I have going 250 points for organizing projects 500 points for each completed project

BONUS CHALLENGES
Get your dh and/or kids to help 275 extra points per helper 275
Rearrange rooms 275 extra points per room 275
Plan something special :eyebrows 500 points
Post pics! 500 points

RedPetals
09-23-2012, 09:57 PM
:cup

Daria_Aleksandrovna
09-24-2012, 02:00 AM
:cup

mamamonkey
09-24-2012, 06:06 AM
:popcorn

greengirl19
09-24-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm 75% done with a total rearrangement of our bedroom. The first time I've moved anything in there since we've lived here. It's VERY dirty behind some of the furniture. I'm going to get a lot of points this week!!

cro
09-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Guess what dh said when I told him about this HBC. "What can I do to help?" :jawdrop:jawdrop:jawdrop Now, IDK if he'll actually follow thru, but that statement alone was enough to get me started. The kids and I attacked my bedroom yesterday...and I must've overdone it b/c now my back is killing me and I won't get much done for a while. At least I got a good start. :tu

Declutter
Look at all the surfaces in the bedrooms: tops of dressers, vanity, nightstands, shelves, baskets. 10 points for each item thrown out, recycled, rehomed, given away by Monday
Reorganize
Clean/disinfect items and reorganize 175 points per section done, i.e. surface, shelf, basket, etc.
Clean
Wash all walls, ceilings, baseboards, doors 75 points per side 225
Disinfect switches and knobs 10 points each
Clean light fixtures and lamps 25 points each 25
Replace bulbs 10 points each
Thoroughly clean windows 100 points per window 100
Wash/clean window treatments 100 points per window 200
Vacuum carpets 100 points per floor-Bonus 100 points per floor for carpet cleaning 100
Wash and polish all furniture 100 points per piece
Wash/seasonal change of bedding if you haven’t already done so (launder pads, pillows, skirts, comforters, blankets, sheets) 375 points 1500

BONUS CHALLENGES
Get your dh and/or kids to help 275 extra points per helper 550
Plan something special :eyebrows 500 points 500
Post pics! 500 points

arelyn
09-26-2012, 03:12 PM
I made a great comeback in the later half of this week. Yay!

Declutter Look at all the surfaces in the bedrooms: tops of dressers, vanity, nightstands, shelves, baskets. 10 points for each item thrown out, recycled, rehomed, given away by Monday 260
Reorganize Clean/disinfect items and reorganize 175 points per section done, i.e. surface, shelf, basket, etc. 700
Clean Wash all walls, ceilings, baseboards, doors 75 points per side 150
Disinfect switches and knobs 10 points each 60
Clean light fixtures and lamps 25 points each
Sweep and scrub floors 200 points per floor 400
Wash and polish all furniture 100 points per piece
Wash/seasonal change of bedding if you haven’t already done so (launder pads, pillows, skirts, comforters, blankets, sheets) 375 points
My room is also the holding station for any projects I have going 250 points for organizing projects 500 points for each completed project 1000 for meding all my broken jewelry and sewing straps on DS's sun hat!

BONUS CHALLENGES
Plan something special 500 points
Post pics! 500 points

greengirl19
09-27-2012, 10:21 AM
ok, I've seriously thrown or rehomed way more than 100 things. I spent all morning finishing up the master bedroom and working on the guest bedroom/craft room. we had several piles of clothes, blankets, etc in the bedroom that have been reducecd to a small pile of DH's stuff that he needs to go through. The guest bed was covered in craft stuff that I organized into the closet. Lots of fabric, yarn, etc. I can't really count 10 points per item, can I?

Big successes:
I set aside a big pile of shirts for rags a while ago and finally got around to putting them in a bag (which I made from one of the shirts!) and in the garage.
From my knitting pile, I finished a cute top for a little friend's birthday last week and found coordinating fabric for the most adorable skirt. Delivered yesterday!
I sewed up a quick picnic roll (for holding utensils) that I got cute fabric for a while ago and was at the top of my craft to-do pile. I also got a few other things set up and ready to be worked on when G gives me the chance.
The guest bed is now useable!!
We all love the new rearrangement of the bedroom :)

Not quite there yet:
We have too many clothes. Or more realistically, we don't have enough clothes storage. I don't feel like we have an excessive amount of clothes we just only have one small closet and medium dresser between the two of us. This has resulted in having clothes (somewhat neatly) piled on the floor and I attempted to work on it but there's just no where to put some of it.
We also have too much junk. Stuffed animals, blankets, toys, etc. That have no where to live and I could reasonally throw out about half of them but not all of them. It's frustrating.

I haven't even gotten to G's playroom/no bed bedroom. And it's been really hard to not work on the closets and drawers! I'm looking forward to that :yes I also hope to carpet clean our bedroom Sunday morning before we leave for the day so it can dry!
*edited: did a little in G's room, didn't get to the carpet cleaning*

Declutter Look at all the surfaces in the bedrooms: tops of dressers, vanity, nightstands, shelves, baskets. 10 points for each item thrown out, recycled, rehomed, given away by Monday - 250
Reorganize Clean/disinfect items and reorganize 175 points per section done, i.e. surface, shelf, basket, etc. 1750
Clean Wash all walls, ceilings, baseboards, doors 75 points per side Disinfect switches and knobs 10 points each Clean light fixtures and lamps 25 points each Replace bulbs 10 points each Thoroughly clean windows 100 points per window 200
Wash/clean window treatments 100 points per window Sweep and scrub floors 200 points per floor
Vacuum carpets 100 points per floor 300
Bonus 100 points per floor for carpet cleaning Wash/clean area rugs 100 points per rug Wash and polish all furniture 100 points per piece 100
Wash/seasonal change of bedding if you haven’t already done so (launder pads, pillows, skirts, comforters, blankets, sheets) 375 points 375
My bedroom is also home to our TV/DVD area as we don’t like that in the living area. Some of you may have your craft areas, exercise areas, desk areas, etc located in a bedroom 375 points for decluttering, cleaning, and reorganizing these areas 750
My room is also the holding station for any projects I have going 250 points for organizing projects 500 points for each completed project 2250

BONUS CHALLENGES
Get your dh and/or kids to help 275 extra points per helper 275 G has been super awesome!
Post pics! 500 points

Total: 7025!!!!!

Cat
09-28-2012, 04:52 AM
ok, I've seriously thrown or rehomed way more than 100 things. I spent all morning finishing up the master bedroom and working on the guest bedroom/craft room. we had several piles of clothes, blankets, etc in the bedroom that have been reducecd to a small pile of DH's stuff that he needs to go through. The guest bed was covered in craft stuff that I organized into the closet. Lots of fabric, yarn, etc. I can't really count 10 points per item, can I?

Big successes:
I set aside a big pile of shirts for rags a while ago and finally got around to putting them in a bag (which I made from one of the shirts!) and in the garage.
From my knitting pile, I finished a cute top for a little friend's birthday last week and found coordinating fabric for the most adorable skirt. Delivered yesterday!
I sewed up a quick picnic roll (for holding utensils) that I got cute fabric for a while ago and was at the top of my craft to-do pile. I also got a few other things set up and ready to be worked on when G gives me the chance.

Not quite there yet:
We have too many clothes. Or more realistically, we don't have enough clothes storage. I don't feel like we have an excessive amount of clothes we just only have one small closet and medium dresser between the two of us. This has resulted in having clothes (somewhat neatly) piled on the floor and I attempted to work on it but there's just no where to put some of it.
We also have too much junk. Stuffed animals, blankets, toys, etc. That have no where to live and I could reasonally throw out about half of them but not all of them. It's frustrating.

I haven't even gotten to G's playroom/no bed bedroom. And it's been really hard to not work on the closets and drawers! I'm looking forward to that :yes I also hope to carpet clean our bedroom Sunday morning before we leave for the day so it can dry!

Declutter Look at all the surfaces in the bedrooms: tops of dressers, vanity, nightstands, shelves, baskets. 10 points for each item thrown out, recycled, rehomed, given away by Monday - LOTS
Reorganize Clean/disinfect items and reorganize 175 points per section done, i.e. surface, shelf, basket, etc. 1400
Clean Wash all walls, ceilings, baseboards, doors 75 points per side Disinfect switches and knobs 10 points each Clean light fixtures and lamps 25 points each Replace bulbs 10 points each Thoroughly clean windows 100 points per window 200
Wash/clean window treatments 100 points per window Sweep and scrub floors 200 points per floor
Vacuum carpets 100 points per floor 200
Bonus 100 points per floor for carpet cleaning Wash/clean area rugs 100 points per rug Wash and polish all furniture 100 points per piece 100
Wash/seasonal change of bedding if you haven’t already done so (launder pads, pillows, skirts, comforters, blankets, sheets) 375 points 375
My bedroom is also home to our TV/DVD area as we don’t like that in the living area. Some of you may have your craft areas, exercise areas, desk areas, etc located in a bedroom 375 points for decluttering, cleaning, and reorganizing these areas 375
My room is also the holding station for any projects I have going 250 points for organizing projects 500 points for each completed project 2250

BONUS CHALLENGES
Get your dh and/or kids to help 275 extra points per helper 275 G has been super awesome!
Post pics! 500 points

You can count the craft item organization as 375 if you feel like it doesn't make sense per item. Great work!

mamamonkey
09-28-2012, 05:14 AM
Declutter Look at all the surfaces in the bedrooms: tops of dressers, vanity, nightstands, shelves, baskets. 10 points for each item thrown out, recycled, rehomed, given away by Monday
Reorganize Clean/disinfect items and reorganize 175 points per section done, i.e. surface, shelf, basket, etc. 1225
Clean Wash all walls, ceilings, baseboards, doors 75 points per side
Disinfect switches and knobs 10 points each
Clean light fixtures and lamps 25 points each 50
Vacuum carpets 100 points per floor-Bonus 100 points per floor for carpet cleaning
Wash and polish all furniture 100 points per piece 200
Wash/seasonal change of bedding if you haven’t already done so (launder pads, pillows, skirts, comforters, blankets, sheets) 375 points

BONUS CHALLENGES
Plan something special 500 points
Post pics! 500 points

cro
09-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Wash/seasonal change of bedding if you haven’t already done so (launder pads, pillows, skirts, comforters, blankets, sheets) 375 pointsIs this 375 points per bed? :shifty

greengirl19
09-30-2012, 04:15 AM
Is this 375 points per bed? :shifty

I would think so!

Cat
09-30-2012, 04:18 AM
:yes Yep, per bed!

How are you all doing? I'm not counting points this week, but got lots done!:rockon

Daria_Aleksandrovna
10-01-2012, 01:36 AM
With me coming home late evenings and bedrooms being slept in by kids and weekend away, not a lot got done besides hoovering so easy to count - 1225.
Got easy points for decluttering.

easygoinmomma
10-01-2012, 06:35 AM
I had a teething babe last week so I was only able to do one room. My points are 1630.

cro
10-01-2012, 09:51 PM
If I added right, my total is 3200. :dance Didn't get ALL the rooms DONE, but the dog slobber has been scrubbed off my walls, my room is completely dusted, and EVERYONE's bedding has been washed. :rockon

Cat
10-02-2012, 04:02 AM
Anybody else have points? I know it's past the deadline but just in case anyone couldn't get to the computer...

RiverRock
10-02-2012, 04:36 AM
I do! I did so much work so I'll tally and see where I stand. :)

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

Total: 5795 (and I didn't even get to vacuuming, yet).

Cat
10-03-2012, 03:50 AM
Okay, looks like RiverRock is the winner!

easygoinmomma
10-03-2012, 08:05 AM
[QUOTE=greengirl19;4873970]ok, I've seriously thrown or rehomed way more than 100 things. I spent all morning finishing up the master bedroom and working on the guest bedroom/craft room. we had several piles of clothes, blankets, etc in the bedroom that have been reducecd to a small pile of DH's stuff that he needs to go through. The guest bed was covered in craft stuff that I organized into the closet. Lots of fabric, yarn, etc. I can't really count 10 points per item, can I?

Big successes:

Not quite there yet:

*edited: did a little in G's room, didn't get to the carpet cleaning*

Declutter Look at all the surfaces in the bedrooms: tops of dressers, vanity, nightstands, shelves, baskets. 10 points for each item thrown out, recycled, rehomed, given away by Monday - 250
Reorganize Clean/disinfect items and reorganize 175 points per section done, i.e. surface, shelf, basket, etc. 1750
Vacuum carpets 100 points per floor 300
My bedroom is also home to our TV/DVD area as we don’t like that in the living area. Some of you may have your craft areas, exercise areas, desk areas, etc located in a bedroom 375 points for decluttering, cleaning, and reorganizing these areas 750

BONUS CHALLENGES
Post pics! 500 points

Total: 7025!!!!![QUOTE]

PSSST. :poke :shifty

I'm not sure why my quote isn't working, but greengirl19 scored the highest points.

Way to go ladies! :rockon

Cat
10-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Ah thank you! I'll send off 2 prizes then for first and second place! I didn't even see that! :doh:giggle

easygoinmomma
10-03-2012, 09:37 AM
:hug I would have missed it too except I has saw it as I was skimming through the thread.

greengirl19
10-03-2012, 01:50 PM
I totally missed this today! Wow, how cool :D But really, great job everyone!!!!