PDA

View Full Version : flourless muffins?

delightedmama
08-22-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm stocking my freezer for meals after baby's birth and have a nice bag of banana oatmeal muffins. I was wondering if the recipe could be adapted, or if there are similar recipes, for flourless muffins using sweet potatoes, pumpkin, zucchini, or carrots?

My banana oatmeal muffin recipe:
2.5 c. oats
1 c. yogurt
2 eggs
2 bananas
1/2 c. sugar
1.5 t. baking powder
.5 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon

Mash all ingredients together, bake 20-25 min. at 400F/200C.

WildFlower
08-22-2012, 03:24 PM
it seems like I saw one somewhere for pumpkin muffins...:scratchThanks for sharing that recipe though! It looks good! I have been looking for something easy without flour.

allisonlindberg
08-22-2012, 05:09 PM
I made a very similar one with strawberries but it didn't have any cinnamon

JessicaTX
08-22-2012, 06:29 PM
I use the same recipe and just adjust my fruit and spices, so like a cup of pumpkin and use pumpkin pie spice for pumpkin muffins, or maybe a cup of grated carrots and stir in raisins and whatever you spice carrot cake with :p

delightedmama
08-23-2012, 08:51 AM
I baked a carrot version this morning (with cranberries and cinnamon) and I think I like it better than the banana!!

delightedmama
08-23-2012, 08:53 AM
A strawberry variation sounds good too, wonder how I could adapt for the blueberries we stocked our freezer with when they were on sale?

mamacat
08-23-2012, 09:11 AM
since you do eggs you could also do little "muffins" out of eggs cheese meat and any veggies you might want to put in like broccoli.They freeze and are nice to have on hand for a quick breakfast or protein snack

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

This culd be adpate for muffin and wuld thin yu culd change out the banas with other fruits like pumpkin

delightedmama
08-25-2012, 09:26 PM
since you do eggs you could also do little "muffins" out of eggs cheese meat and any veggies you might want to put in like broccoli.They freeze and are nice to have on hand for a quick breakfast or protein snack

Tried it out this morning with eggs, homemade sausage, and leftover veggies from the farmers market (green pepper and tomato), plus a bit of shredded cheese. They were delicious! I just made 6 to experiment but will be making more!!! Thanks for the tip!