PDA

View Full Version : I lost my crafting mojo!

Earthmummy07
07-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Somebody poke me!

I have a couple of WIP at the moment; a balaclava for T and a shawl for MIL; neither of which is a very inspiring or interesting pattern. I'm so BORED with them, but I need to plow through. I'm trying not to let myself start anything else until I get ONE of them done because otherwise I will never get them finished.

I'm offering myself rewards for getting through it, but what?

Baby step goals - To get as far as the eye decreases on the balaclava - ??
To finish the balaclava - I can start the next project on my list, which will be slipper socks; learning to use DPN's
To get the middle section of MIL's shawl finished - ??
To get the left hand section finished - ??
To get the right hand finished - Starting sister's cowl

Marielle
08-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Sometimes I find a totally new project that sparks me and set the other stuff aside. Starting something interesting and finishing it lights the fire again.

Earthmummy07
08-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Starting new projects is my favourite thing about crafting :heart That and finishing them :shifty I don't take on long or complicated projects much because I don't have the attention span for them.

In the end? I cheated :shifty I'm paying a very talented friend to do the shawl (she has the ability to make a prettier one than me anyway) and that freed up my crochet allowance (I have one knitting and one crochet pattern on the go always. Any more and I get crafting ADD and never finish anything :giggle) So I did the cowl and have now started on a hello kitty amigurumi toy for my niece.

The balaclava? :shrug I decided I have until winter to finish it. To stop myself getting bored, I limited myself to 8rows (1 inch) a day and I'm not doing more than 2 rows in one sitting. Spacing it out means I'm actually getting it done, instead of trying to plow through it and making myself miserable.