PDA

View Full Version : Protozoan infection?

RealLifeMama
07-29-2012, 01:06 PM
My DH left a foreign country on July 7th. Where he was did not have any clean running water, and he was very careful. He did have a little stomach issues when he returned for the first day or so, but then was fine.
Now, 21 days later, he has symptoms of infection.
It is possible that what he has (fever, icky stomach stuff, bloating, gas, nausea, no vomiting yet) giardia or some sort of protozoan infection that is just now bothering him?

Ugh.

mamacat
07-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Could be and they are hard to diagnose somtims - can take a certain kind of stool sample where you collect several samples from same BM.He might try some intensive gut type things like garlic,using Bentonite clay and a real haeavy duty probiotic like Primal Defense. My youngest dd had a similar thing one time and was on a medication for a month and was still symptomatic.She was also taking a chewable probiotic but finally got her on some Primal Defense powder - sometimes could only get a tiny amount into her each day - but the symptoms finally cleared.

RealLifeMama
07-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks. I guess I was just wondering if there could be a longish dormant period where he did not have symptoms, or if things like that show up right away.

Auroras mom
07-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Three weeks isa veyr common life cycle for many of those types of intestinal bugs. I might see an infectious disease doctor, if I were him.