PDA

View Full Version : Looking for thoughts on remedies for my Spectrum kiddo

ShangriLewis
07-27-2012, 09:20 PM
My 15yo Aspie is doing really well. He wants to use this year to overcome his biggest issues. He is well liked when he makes friends. But, he has a difficult time getting places like church or youth group. He seems fine the night before. But, he cannot wake up on Sunday morning and he cannot go right before youth group. It is like he is a deer in the headlights.

And, now he is feeling lonely. We have a wonderful bunch of kids in our Youth Group. They are loving and understanding. I worry sometimes that he has alienated them. But, they are always excited to see when they get to. Anytime he does go to things with them, he comes home overjoyed and relaxed.

Any suggestions? He doesn't take anything currently.

sweetpeasmommy
07-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Is it anticipatory anxiety that is the problem?

ShangriLewis
07-27-2012, 11:59 PM
I think so. I think it hits him really close to when it will happen though.

I think he just doesn't think he is very like able. But, he is. He has better social skills than he thinks. He just needs a bit to warm up. He has never hurt anyone's feelings.

He is a great big kid, too. He is 15 and is bigger than all the kids. Gentle giant.

sweetpeasmommy
07-28-2012, 09:37 PM
I've been taking gelsemium homeopathic at my homeopath's suggestion for anticipatory anxiety. For messy house shame and to get my mother's related disapproving looks out of my head. It's the one shame issue I have been utterly unable to shake. ANd it's nuts because my mom has a messy house too. But yeah, I would prefer to have nobody over. Ever. And it's not even that bad. IDK if that would be a good remedy for him, but you might look it up and see how it fits.

I want to look up some flower remedies for that and insecurity, but I'm not near my book at the moment. So bump this if I forget. :shifty

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Golden Yarrow- Fear of performance or social contact, performance anxiety
Mallow- social insecurities the hinder abilty to make friends, developing social trust
Pink Monkeyflower- inabilty to trust that others will accept one.
My homeopath suggested Larch flower essence for my situation.