PDA

View Full Version : Low grade fever, then spots?

Carini
07-20-2012, 11:35 AM
My DD ran a low grade fever (100-102) for about 2-3 days. I assumed it was her canines (she also ran a low fever with her molars). She was irritable, slept poor, didn't eat much but improved with Ibuprofen.

This morning she woke up much happier, no fever, ate better, but had little tiny red dots scattered on her torso, legs, arms, and just two little dots on her face. I wouldn't even classify it as a rash (but I guess it is). Any ideas? I thought Roseola but I think that's just high fever, right?

ETA: And diarrhea. :/

3boysforme
07-20-2012, 11:38 AM
There are several viruses that cause low grade fever and rash/spots. :yes

Ds3 has had about all of them, I am sure. ;)

mamacat
07-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Sometimes roseola has mega high fevers but 102 is high enough for that.At any rate with a virus like that that causes a rash after fever has broken you know she is almost well

EskimoBoston
07-20-2012, 11:42 AM
DS had a really low grade fever before getting hands foot and mouth disease. I noticed his spots popping up all over his legs at bathtime and by the middle of the night he was a miserably itchy mess. I'd keep an eye on her to see if they start itching or spreading. :-/

Carini
07-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks ladies.

She is mostly her old self but the rash/spots are still there. And she has become SUPER picky with her eating. Has anyone else experienced an increase in pickiness after illness? I hope she returns to eating as normal. She was such a great eater!