PDA

View Full Version : I'm falling apart

MaySunflowers
07-17-2012, 11:26 PM
I feel like I'm getting old and falling apart! I would laugh but its getting annoying. First, it was a few muscles stiffening up/shortening or whatnot.. I was going to go to the doctor about it but adding stretching to my life really made a huge difference. So... I traded that in for an annoyed achilles heal (that will improve, it just doesn't like stretching), and a sore right side of my neck... the sore right side of my neck has responded to stretching too... and now my right side is sore! I am adding stretching for that too and that is improving... AND NOW my lower back is sore!!!! WHY?

I think I need a giant machine to stretch me out like Gumby or something... my body seems to think something needs to hurt all the time! Whats up with this?

I'm wondering if my back hurts because I've been trying to change my sitting position since I've been having tailbone issues (which are improving as long as I keep to that crazy yoga stretch someone here showed me and avoid sitting on it).

I'm 35... am I falling apart? Maybe I should have posted it in that section for old people... you know... all of us 35+? :giggle

I don't know what my point is.... maybe a bit of ARGH! and maybe someone knows something I am missing in my life that I should add.

We did move on May 31 and that involved a lot of walking to and from school... but after the first 4-5 days it was fine and the soreness from the new amount of exercise wasn't as bad as I feared it could have been. But... I am taking the bus more and more now because of all these issues causing me missery....school ends Friday... I can't wait.... come on Friday!

Calee
07-18-2012, 05:52 AM
I'm just a little bit younger than you, and I feel the same way a lot of times!

Have you visited the chiropractor??

MaySunflowers
07-18-2012, 05:57 AM
I've never been to the chiropractor. Its like the one thing not covered by the health system and its more money than I can afford.

I've given in and taken paracetamol with codeine this afternoon to get me through the rest of the day (won't take any more after that one).

HomeyT
07-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Well I'm only 34, so no where near being old like you :)

Have you ever done yoga?? Maybe a gentle yoga class....and specify you kinks and pains to the teacher so she can modify poses for you. Whenever I feel stiff I get on my mat and do some poses. Stretches me out and gives me energy...and mental clarity!!

As women age it's our flexibility and strength that dwindles and can cause injury. Yoga strengthens and stretches you.

Or maybe an epson salt bath?

MaySunflowers
07-18-2012, 10:23 PM
We moved into a different rental place and don't have a bath tub anymore. :(

I've never done yoga other than the pose someone on here told me about for my tailbone and that is good! To be honest, yoga looks a bit intimadating to me! I feel like I have so many issues to work around... well... other than recent muscle issues... I have ongoing hip issues that stretching makes worse... I suspect my muscles (or ligaments) didn't retighten after my first pregnancy and possibly something was damaged there (been to doctors and even had an MRI and they couldn't figure it out!)... but... I at least know all the things its not. :giggle

HomeyT
07-19-2012, 04:59 AM
gentle yoga is pretty gentle ;)
i'd say maybe take some one on one classes so they can work with you each step of the way. give you a routine that works for your 'limitation's. Yoga is all about honouring your body and respecting how much it can or cannot move in a certain way. if you had a great teacher they could work with you. yoga is being done by many people with health issues.

:( boo about the bath. what about a homeopathy remedy?? such as traumeal? you rub it on aches and pains.

i personally would find this difficult since i am the 'fix it' type personality ;) hugs! and maybe others would have recommendations.

MaySunflowers
07-19-2012, 05:25 AM
I wouldn't even know where to get any homeopathic stuff.

But... semi-good news anyway. I was trying some lower back pain yoga poses from the internet and something on my left side of my lower back made a big crack and that side feels a whole lot better... now just the right side hurts... make me feel a bit lopsided. I haven't managed to do the same for that side yet.

HomeyT
07-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Glad you found some poses for low back pain. Hope it helps the other side soon.

You can get that cream from a natural foods store is imagine.