PDA

View Full Version : I have given up coffee and lost my mama mojo

AngelaVA
07-12-2012, 01:34 PM
:yawn I gave up coffee at the end of May so it's been 6 or 7 weeks I think. I weaned off of it gradually do no headaches and such. I drink a cup of green tea each morning instead. The main reason for me going off of it is because I have hypoglycemia and I was struggling constantly with low blood sugar. The good new is it helped, I've only had 2 low blood sugar experiences in 6 weeks, I was having at least 2 a DAY so that's a big improvement. The bad news is the rest of my life, I am so tired and lethargic, I don't want to get out of bed in the morning I used to get up easily now I don't want to get up no matter how long I've slept, I can't get the energy to clean my house, I force myself to do stuff with the kids but I am hating it and feeling cranky and like I just want to go lie down, it's like I'm depressed without the emotional symptoms of depression. :blah I really do not want to go back on it because I feel so much better physically though. What to do???

Anyone have this experience? Any suggestions?

Auroras mom
07-12-2012, 04:04 PM
I am so sorry. Would a diffferent stimulant cause the same blood sugar issues?

DoulaClara
07-12-2012, 04:06 PM
I wasn't drinking coffee before, but ever since I've been hitting the nettle tea hard core, I'm both more peaceful and more alert. I think it's seeping a ton of needed nutrients into my body.