PDA

View Full Version : Hydration during Stomach Bug

GraemesMomma
07-11-2012, 04:08 AM
I caught whatever stomach virus my 3 yr old had this weekend. So I was up from 2:30-5:30, nauseous and vomited. Baby girl promptly followed suit. :doh

She's still mainly nursing for nutrition. I'm feeling uber nauseous right now. The four sips of lemon water are not sitting well :/

What are your best tips for stating hydrated? I need some ideas. Prayers are welcome, too.

Batesfamily5
07-11-2012, 05:23 AM
I find that coconut water works well when we are sick.
Praying!

arelyn
07-11-2012, 05:43 AM
I second the coconut water. You can also drink oral rehydration solution which is pretty much just 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 tsp salt and a liter of water. I think it's nasty but DH and DS actually like the stuff.:shrug3 And keep taking little sips instead of chugging the whole bottle. Everyone here swears by using a straw. I detest straws but as I am the minority you should give it a try.

Praying you all feel better soon!

mamacat
07-11-2012, 05:45 AM
for adults and children get plain Smartwater and make into ice cubes and give sips of it

NeshamaMama
07-11-2012, 06:19 AM
What about making lemon water or fruit juice into popsicles so you can suck on them slowly? There's also Recharge (like natural Gatorade) if you're vomiting a lot and need to replenish electrolytes.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

GraemesMomma
07-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Thanks. Good ideas. Of course the closest place for Recharge is 25min...,maybe DH can go later today.

mamacat
07-11-2012, 07:28 AM
One thing I have lerned is once vomiting stops your stomach lining is sore and drinking egular ater can irritate it and start the vomiting agin.Always take a couple of days and drink the Smartwater