PDA

View Full Version : need a creative wrapping idea

greengirl19
07-10-2012, 01:27 PM
I just finished making a pillow for a bridal shower this weekend. It's small and embroderied and I'd like to do something to wrap it more than throw it in a gift bag. And I can't spend any money. Any creative ideas? Or should I just dig a gift bag out of the stack?

CelticJourney
07-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Do you have any fabric to make a fabric bag instead?

Many times I have done this and people have oh'ed and ah'ed about it when in reality, I didn't have money for wrapping paper. :shifty

Kiara.I
07-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Have a pretty scarf you don't like anymore? :shifty

greengirl19
07-10-2012, 04:30 PM
I have dedicated wrapping fabric squares that we use for holidays, but a fabric bag is an even better idea! Off to dig in the scrap pile. This is turning out to be quite the up-cycled bridal shower. The pillow is made out of a felted sweater and I'm making the favors which are lavender sachets made with fabric remnants from some of our old shirts that just happen to be the perfect prints.

CelticJourney
07-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Fabric bags are a great use for those odd pieces of left over fabric. I've made them through the years and that is what we do for Christmas gift along with the decorative boxes and then sort ornaments and decorations in them when they aren't in use. I LOVE not having a mountain of wrapping paper to deal with Christmas morning. :)

greengirl19
07-12-2012, 10:02 AM
I ended up making a bag out of some really nice light blue linen (that was left over from making my first ring sling three years ago :)). I put handles on it so it can be used as a tote bag but for wrapping the pillow I'm just going to bunch the top up and tie it with a ribbon. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but I'm really pleased with it :rockon

Kiara.I
07-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Awesome! :tu

greengirl19
07-15-2012, 05:22 PM
It was a huge hit! Everyone was really impressed :)