PDA

View Full Version : I need some help

WildFlower
06-28-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm trying to make my own cloth pads. But I'm having trouble. I'm trying to do something similar to this.....(by a GCM mama I think) but with my own "pattern". I want something that is only in place of panty liners, not really for AF, but I may use it as back up since I use a cup...

Ok, the problem. I can't figure out if these are issues with my sewing machine or just user error.
I can't seem to go smoothly around the curves. It doesn't really look even or pretty like everything I've seen. What I mean is that when going around curves it seems like it the foot of my machine won't go around the curves properly and I have to stop and lift the pressure foot and "pivot" and then curve a little more instead of just sewing around the curve. I don't know if I am making the pad too small and that's why or if it's an issue with my pressure foot. Oh, the other problem is that it seems too thick, even with 2 layers of flannel and one layer of towel. It's not THAT thick but I kind of have to pull it through. I made the "feed dogs" go all the way up. I think. But that doesn't entirely fix it.

Marielle
06-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Hmmm, I think some pics would help. I'm having trouble understanding what the issue is but if it's too thick and you're sewing quite closely to the edge you could have some issues that would require more lifting of the presser foot to round the curves. Are you using the right type of needle for the fabric you chose? Also what stitch are you using and what length?