PDA

View Full Version : Help me be creative with these.

JJsMom
06-24-2012, 07:04 PM
http://m.kohls.com/kohlsStore/clearance/forthehome/dining_room/PRD~1002548/Croft+and+Barrow+Floral+Cutout+Placemat.jsp?prtID= pfx&src=k1971&cm_mmc=Performics-_-Affiliate-_-Slick%20Deals-_-120x30%20Kohl's

I ordered 16 of these. They are $.69 each after coupon( btw, it's mvcfun4me ) and my mil loves placemats and my mom would like them too. I know the kids could do something like use a fabric pen or something but I don't want them to be tacky. :shifty That space is just crying out for something.

JJsMom
06-25-2012, 12:14 PM
:bump

mountainash
06-25-2012, 01:51 PM
I like 'em plain but if you want to customize them for gifts, maybe add a favorite quote or bible verse? There are lots of methods for fabric transfer on pinterest.

JJsMom
06-25-2012, 03:56 PM
I like 'em plain but if you want to customize them for gifts, maybe add a favorite quote or bible verse? There are lots of methods for fabric transfer on pinterest.

Hmmm...pinterest you say? Never heard of it. It's not an obsession of mine. Nope.
:p

Maedchen
06-25-2012, 06:29 PM
If you want to do something other than a placemat, you could cut this up and use it as a pretty decorative overlay panel on an apron.

You could get the fabric pens and color in the flowers.

JJsMom
06-25-2012, 07:31 PM
If you want to do something other than a placemat, you could cut this up and use it as a pretty decorative overlay panel on an apron.

You could get the fabric pens and color in the flowers.

Good idea! I'm not sure if I can sew anything before Christmas. It depends on baby.