PDA

View Full Version : Do we have an official *Christmas Craft to do list* thread yet?

Earthmummy07
06-22-2012, 08:21 AM
If not, can this be it? :jump

I have my list planned out and started today :dance I'm very excited, just incase you can't tell :giggle 6months and 3days :woohoo :duck

My list so far:

Ds - Hat DONE
Mittens DONE
Balaclava
Turn a green hoody into a dinosaur hoody
Cloth pirate map
Slipper socks

DH - knitted hat and ??

Mom - A cotton wash cloth and ???

Sister - Mittens DONE
cowl,
bag

Niece (5)- Amigurumi Hello Kitty toy and ??

Niece (1) - Cardigan
Hat with scarf attached
Mittens

Brother (17) - Amigurumi Dalek and ??

MIL - Shawl, applique owl cushion, Amigurumi Daschund

FIL - Fish hat

SIL - Decorate cushions, crochet fingerless gloves

BIL - ??

Ds's Godmother and her DH- ??

Friend's LO (1) - Knitted/crochet playfood

Hannah Elise
06-22-2012, 08:51 AM
This is my deer-in-the-headlights look:

O_o

Only six months? For reals? Ugh.

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but for some reason six months doesn't sound very long. Now -I- need to make a list.

Ideas that have floated around my head

Pardon the typos - this was sent via Tapatalk on my cell phone!

Hannah Elise
06-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Ds bumped my hand and it posted. :sly: Now Tapatalk won't let me modify it. So.

Ahem.

Homemade vanilla extract.
Recipes from MadeOn Hard Lotion's e-books.
I would like to download A Delightful Home's homemade scrubs e-book and make some of those...

My crocheting skills are very caveman-esque, and I can't knit or sew, so those are out...

I might have to revisit this thread for more inspiration as others post...

Hannah Elise
06-22-2012, 08:58 AM
And truffles. Dh found a truffle recipe and made me some orange-flavored truffles for Mother's Day since chocolate oranges are made in a facility that also processes wheat... they were delectable and I could see us gifting some this year. :)

cro
06-22-2012, 09:01 AM
:popcorn

Garland
06-22-2012, 09:07 AM
I love planning ahead! I usually start in July...which I guess is right around the corner already!

Hmmm.....the only things I've thought of so far are:

-Herbs from my garden, dried and in glass bottles
-Homemade bourban vanilla extract in glass bottles
-Homemade jam in pint jars with cute lids & labels
-Homemade bath scrubs
-A skirt for my daughter and a matching one for her doll
-Cute hair accessories for my daughter
-Maybe some tablecloths if I can secretly find out people's table length/measurements

backtobasicsmum
06-22-2012, 09:15 AM
I don't usually plan this far ahead, but b/c of some deals going on, I've been getting ahead start! :yes

Our grocery store gave out stickers this spring to get various pieces of plain white porcelain dishes. I got the platters and then I'll be tracing the kiddos hands on them, to give to the Grandparents.

I also swapped for a wool felting set, so we might try to do some soaps or some other little figures for either Grandparents or other random gifts.

I was thinking about sewing fabric lunch bags (we don't use them often, but when we do, I thought it would be fun) and/or sandwich bags for the kiddos.

mellifera
06-22-2012, 09:32 AM
I am working on baby and birthday gifts first, but I plan on knitting hats and scarves (clapotis?) for Christmas gifts. :think I may also try nuno felting. I need to order red, orange, and yellow yarn so I can make Jayne hats.

Victorious
06-22-2012, 11:24 AM

MommaNae
06-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Just started mulling it over. I'd like to make something for DH's sisters and brother. My grandmother can monogram for me and she has a cricut. I'd also like to to something for my grandmothers/mother/dad/IL's.

If I start thinking about it early then come December 20th, I won't be panicking.

Marzipan
06-22-2012, 11:50 AM
I just started a list the other day:

It's just a list of ideas of things to make-- no recipients sorted out yet.

Treasure Pouches
Sorting Peg People Game
Wind Dancing Rings
Gnomes w/ Sleeping bags
Fabric Bookmarks
Picture Puzzles
Felt Ornaments
(there are online tutorials for most of these, if anyone is interested).

Candied Nuts
Granola
Peppermint Bark
Cayenne Caramel Corn

BBL

NeshamaMama
06-22-2012, 12:07 PM

I really want to do vanilla extract this year. Maybe paired with homemade chocolates that use the vanilla extract... :think

I was also considering bottles of homemade elderberry syrup (for the few relatives who aren't freaked out by herbal medicine :giggle).

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Earthmummy07
06-22-2012, 01:04 PM
I usually don't start until October or so and then I end up rushing and not finishing it all. I'm hoping that by starting early, I can pace myself better :yes

Also, with a bit of luck, I'll be throwing up too much to craft in the run up to Christmas :pray :shifty

mom2boys
06-22-2012, 02:31 PM
*fingers in my ears*
I'M NOT LISTENING!!! LALALALALA!!!!
:lol

I need to get my list going.
*off to stalk pinterest* :shifty

cro
06-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Treasure PouchesWhat are these?

Marzipan
06-22-2012, 10:47 PM
http://weefolkart.com/?q=node/183 :)

CelticJourney
06-23-2012, 10:23 AM
I have a basic list going.

I found a nice 'spa day' wash cloth pattern on Ravelry and plan to make two for each of the ladies on my list (mom, mil, sil) and if they go well and the good cotton yarn is not too expensive, I might add some of the 'teachers' to the list. dd14 'modifies' soap (she says 'I don't make the soap, I buy it at Hobby Lobby, but I add things to it and put it in pretty molds) so the two thing will go together.

I need to make dh a list of leather things I want him to make - like book marks and gift tags.

I'm lost for the guys. I did some geneology books last year for fil + bils and scarves for my db and dns.

Some things I have already done - I have three scarves already complete and in storage. I have been trying to use up my stash and that just worked.

My friend will have her kids this year for Christmas, so I will probably make gingerbread houses for them to decorate.

Earthmummy07
06-23-2012, 11:25 AM
T's hat is half way finished and I've started on MIL's shawl. I figured I'll have a knitting project and a crochet project on the go at the same time and then I can switch between the two to stop myself getting bored.

T's hat is in this pattern http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bevs-basic-hat.html in bright green and purple stripes.

MIL's shawl is this pattern http://www.craftown.com/crochet/pat51.htm in navy blue

magpiedpiper
06-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Oooh, I just started thinking about all of this. I want to actually be on top of things this year and hand make a lot of things for the girls! Or get them at garage sales and put them up.

Wonder Woman
06-26-2012, 10:00 AM
My son just handed me his Creeper I knit last year and said "I'd like a Minecraft Steve this year to go with him, please. And maybe a zombie."

So I think that starts my list :lol

Annainprogress
06-27-2012, 03:36 PM
I have 2 mini-stockings that need proper stitching (ran out of time last year and ended up just tacking mine & my sister's)

Not sure what else I might make. Well I'm making vanilla essence for me so MAYBE I'll give some of that away

Garland
06-30-2012, 03:42 PM
I need to go pick strawberries & raspberries this week while they're still available, so I can make yummy jam for gifts. :yum

CelticJourney
06-30-2012, 03:47 PM
I need to go pick strawberries & raspberries this week while they're still available, so I can make yummy jam for gifts. :yumI just made blueberry jam this morning:) I missed the good strawberry picking, but peaches are starting to get really good in my area, so... It's nice come Christmas to be able to just take it out and pack it up and be done.

Garland
06-30-2012, 03:49 PM
yes, they are so nice to have on-hand for gifts

Two Little Birds
07-01-2012, 06:47 PM
My mom-this (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bias-before--after-scarf) in a yummy, local alpaca

MIL-cashmere socks

SMIL-mittens

SIL-slouchy, cabled hat with sparkles!

DS1-sweater

DS2-sweater and longies

DH-sweater

shaslove
07-01-2012, 11:19 PM

cro
07-01-2012, 11:23 PM
yes, they are so nice to have on-hand for gifts:yes I already gave away half my strawberry jam for end-of-the-year teacher gifts. :dohTime to do some more berry picking! And pray that I get a decent crop of grapes this year.

Still haven't thought much about Christmas gifts yet. Better get working on that!

mom2boys
07-10-2012, 09:52 PM
My son just handed me his Creeper I knit last year and said "I'd like a Minecraft Steve this year to go with him, please. And maybe a zombie."

So I think that starts my list :lol

Did you see the zombie that Ben had me make? :giggle I'll see if I can get the ravelry pic here.
http://images4.ravelrycache.com/uploads/Darciknits/72612911/img00420-20110619-1304_medium.jpg

kklibrarian
07-14-2012, 02:52 PM
I plan to start Christmas gifts as soon as I get moved. I made Sky a t-shirt quilt for her b-day this year. I'm thinking the Peas can get their's for Christmas. Also, I came across an adorable little terry cloth hobo style bag made from a beach towel. They are all on sale now, and I'm thinking I'll pick up several of those and also make coordinating hoodie towels for all of the girl nieces (I have 6 nieces at the right ages). Still have to think of something for the nephews (9 nephews at the right ages). Then, that just leaves the baby nephews/nieces (2 of those). Any suggestions for the boys and the babies? I don't knit. I'm a fair sewer. I can quilt and embroider. I'm thinking sock monkeys for the babies as I made the big kids some a few years back and they were a big hit. Don't know about the boys at all. The age range on the nephews is killer from 16 to 3 years old.

CelticJourney
07-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Found wool on sale at AC Moore today in a light gray - I'm going to knit some 'owl' hats I saw on Ravelry for some of the kids. I'm going to the knitting store on Tuesday to get them to teach me how to knit in the round properly so I can do those. I made a hat last week out of scrap yarn and I think I stretched it.

I'm making some jumpers for my dh's grandneices (because I'm too young to have grand-nieces:shifty).

I decided I would do a really detailed geneology for my brother and mom - I have lots of information and documents so I need to just work up a plan of action.

Annainprogress
07-15-2012, 12:11 AM
I plan to start Christmas gifts as soon as I get moved. I made Sky a t-shirt quilt for her b-day this year. I'm thinking the Peas can get their's for Christmas. Also, I came across an adorable little terry cloth hobo style bag made from a beach towel. They are all on sale now, and I'm thinking I'll pick up several of those and also make coordinating hoodie towels for all of the girl nieces (I have 6 nieces at the right ages). Still have to think of something for the nephews (9 nephews at the right ages). Then, that just leaves the baby nephews/nieces (2 of those). Any suggestions for the boys and the babies? I don't knit. I'm a fair sewer. I can quilt and embroider. I'm thinking sock monkeys for the babies as I made the big kids some a few years back and they were a big hit. Don't know about the boys at all. The age range on the nephews is killer from 16 to 3 years old.

The younger boys might like a boy style hoodie towel as well. My 6 yo DS loves his (I didn't make it, I bought it from a small business who made it from scratch including minkee fabric on the outside of the hood and machine embroidery). Not sure what to do as their second thing though if girls are also getting hobo bags. Unless you do them mini-denim backpacks from old jeans? I made some last year using fleece for the sides.

Atarah
07-15-2012, 12:32 AM
:cup
Posted via Mobile Device

Earthmummy07
07-15-2012, 02:25 AM
I've finished T's mittens (did I post this already?) I started my sister's mittens, finished one and am now breaking it up with something else because the combination of that yarn and needles in that size... it was hard going and I don't want to do the other one :shifty

Chaos Coordinator
07-15-2012, 06:46 AM
How did this get to the third page before I even saw it?!

I need ideas. :think

Annainprogress
07-15-2012, 11:16 AM
If I don't win any felt food I might make some of that for Christmas :think my kids were very interested in that

PacisEtAmor
07-15-2012, 01:56 PM
I started my list right after last Christmas...is anything done yet? Nope. :giggle :shifty

My sister V knows her's will be late b/c i need to measure her for it. ($5 in Paris sweater).

2 aunties = lacy sarves

mom = slouchy hat

The rest of my list is in my room. I'll come back later.

Two Little Birds
07-15-2012, 02:00 PM
I can't start on my Xmas list because I have too many cute things to finish before! :lol

PacisEtAmor
07-15-2012, 02:08 PM
So do i. :shifty

Annainprogress
07-15-2012, 03:02 PM
I have to make DS a jumper.... But since DD got her knitted dress just cos it was done I don't think I can justify making his top a Christmas present....

StumblinMama
07-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Subbing. I really need to get started :yes