PDA

View Full Version : need crochet help (pattern)

ChristmasGirl
06-20-2012, 07:42 PM
I can't get this one line of this pattern and i'm stuck. i'll underline the part that doesn't make sense to me.

Row 8: Chain 1, turn, work 2 single crochet in first double crochet, 1 single crochet in the next double crochet, single crochet into each chain-1 space and double crochet across to the last double crochet (this is the beginning chain of Row 7), work 2 single crochet in the last double crochet.

i don't get it...if i single crochet into each chain, then when do i put a space and do double crochet? its' really unclear to me. any advice?

:ty

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

does this mean that i single chain, then 1 space, then double crochet, then repeat?

O.K. that's what i did, and i guess it worked out. I still have to do that row every now and then, so if anyone has any better ideas, let me know, lol.

SilverMoon
06-20-2012, 07:52 PM
You sc into the 1-chain space in the row below this one. Then dc across the rest of row 8.

ChristmasGirl
06-20-2012, 08:32 PM
so, why do they say to single crochet into each space -1 space ? (is that minus 1 space?) is it truly only 1 stitch below, then continue in the row above? because then the angle is weird on one side only :scratch

(thanks for helping me!)

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

okay...i played around with it, and it works well (looks perfect) if i single chain below, then double chain (above) then single chain below, back and forth till the end. i'm just gonna go with that!

NovelMama
06-21-2012, 06:33 AM
Whatcha makin'??

ChristmasGirl
06-21-2012, 06:40 AM
Whatcha makin'??

i'm making a Triangular shawl :) I've been working on prayer shawls and am trying different patterns. I love to crochet :heart and I love it when I learn something new, so thank you SilverMoon!!!

Are either of you making anything right now? Alison, i know you are super duper busy :hug

SilverMoon
06-21-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm working on a camisole using some Blue Savannah yarn that mom2boys gave to me.
If you are on ravelry.com, here's a picture of the pattern I found to use:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-doll-top-6

Fortunately I was able to get the book through inter-library loan. I have a few WIP, which used to be abnormal for me. One of those is the green pig from Angry Birds. I probably only need 30 minutes to finish it, but :shrug It's to finish a set I made for my nephew's birthday.

mom2boys
06-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Oh, that will be so pretty with that yarn, SM!! :heart
Susie-glad you got your answer! :) I have made triangular shawls, and the beginning always makes me crazy! I never see the pattern until about 10 or 11 rows in! :giggle

ChristmasGirl
06-22-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm working on a camisole using some Blue Savannah yarn that mom2boys gave to me.
If you are on ravelry.com, here's a picture of the pattern I found to use:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-doll-top-6

i like it! what a great idea :heart

Susie-glad you got your answer! :) I have made triangular shawls, and the beginning always makes me crazy! I never see the pattern until about 10 or 11 rows in! :giggle

thanks! it's finally coming together! i love the pattern.

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L20010.html?noImages=&newreg=1

mom2boys
06-22-2012, 01:25 PM
adorable!! what yarn are you using? :popcorn

SilverMoon
06-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Very pretty!

ChristmasGirl
06-22-2012, 03:26 PM
adorable!! what yarn are you using? :popcorn

well, i would much prefer to use a multi-colored yarn, but i'm making it in an electric blue (Charisma Loops & Threads yarn). I'm almost done! I think i will continue making this pattern :rockon

NovelMama
06-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Very cool, mama! Not doing anything right now, no; started mittens for FIL in January but haven't touched them since then. I kinda crafted and crocheted myself to death with my whole handmade Christmas thing last year. I'm just now starting to miss crochet, but yeah, NO time for it. :(