PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning buddies!

Chaos Coordinator
06-12-2012, 03:24 PM
I had this GREAT idea. And I'm an ideas person. :mrgreen I have a friend who is a teacher, so out for the summer, and has kids exactly six months younger than mine, and she's one of those people who actually DOES things :yes

The idea was to meet up once a week, alternating her house and mine, and get something done - cleaning-wise, either small tasks or something big or whathaveyou while the other person entertains the kids for a couple hours.

This was our second week, last week it was at her house and this week it was at mine.

It was fabulous. :Cartwheels

The Tickle Momster
06-12-2012, 03:58 PM
I've done that with a friend before. :rockon It was wonderful. My friend moved. :( I'm glad you found a friend to do this with. :heart

mommie
06-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Awesome idea!

RiverRock
06-12-2012, 04:23 PM
I did this with a friend once. My turn never came around. :shrug3 She continues to be a great friend in other ways, but Acts of Service isn't her gifting. ;)

greengirl19
06-12-2012, 04:36 PM
That's a great idea. I need one.

blondie
06-12-2012, 09:44 PM
I would LOVE to do that for someone, (and I have before!) but having someone in my space like that....:shiver....I couldn't do it.

mummy2boys
06-13-2012, 02:41 AM
What a great idea......and such a blessing to each other :heart

Tandem mama
06-13-2012, 03:30 AM
I would LOVE to do that for someone, (and I have before!) but having someone in my space like that....:shiver....I couldn't do it.

If you're the one cleaning and she's playing with your kids, it is still too much for you?

Chaos Coordinator
06-13-2012, 06:29 AM
That's exactly what I was going to ask :tu all she's doing is helping with the kids while I clean my place. And then vice versa.

Tandem mama
06-13-2012, 06:35 AM
I had a crazy friend for a while who came over and cleaned my house-without me asking and even when I said "stop!!! I want that there!" yeah, she rearranged my house too!

NewLeaf
06-13-2012, 07:07 AM
I would LOVE this. My house has gotten out of control because the kids can tear it down faster than I can put it back together.

Good for you! :rockon

The Tickle Momster
06-13-2012, 07:12 AM
When I was sharing, we would work together to get bigger projects done. Or, once in a while, drop our kids at the other's house and go home for a few hours to work, alone. I really need to find a new friend to do this with.

blondie
06-13-2012, 09:10 AM
If you're the one cleaning and she's playing with your kids, it is still too much for you?

IDK. :shifty I tend to be a pretty big *I*. I have a standing offer from my grandma that she will come play with my girls so I can get stuff done without them, and I've yet to take her up on it.

NewLeaf
06-13-2012, 09:23 AM
IDK. :shifty I tend to be a pretty big *I*. I have a standing offer from my grandma that she will come play with my girls so I can get stuff done without them, and I've yet to take her up on it.

Can you send me your grandma's number? :giggle

blondie
06-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Sure! LOL. She might drive ya nuts, though!!

Chaos Coordinator
06-13-2012, 01:12 PM
i wouldn't let my grandma do that either.

but my friend - who is artsy fartsy like me and thus understands the need to have art supplies/projects covering 2/3 of the surfaces in the house, and the need to create instead of clean, who also has two very small children impeding every effort to do everything, who also believes in gbd...that, i'm okay with :tu

this is the same one who is threatening to move though. so i realize this could be very temporary :sigh