PDA

View Full Version : Eczema Flareup - help

AngelaVA
06-02-2012, 05:15 AM
I might have to go to the pedi for this, but I know if I do they will give her oral steriods which I'd like to try to avoid. After swimming in the lake my DD is having a bad eczema flare up on her arms and legs, mostly in the elbow and knee area. We started with hydrocortizone that the pediatrician tells us to use, it didn't help at all and then she was crying say it was hurting her, I tried some dilluted thieves oil and that made it worse :blue, then I bought some of this MyChelle X-zema Balm (http://www.amazon.com/MyChelle-X-zema-Balm-0-5-Ounce-Stick/dp/B002JCSLYO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338639083&sr=8-2) which seems to help it feel better but it is not by any means going away. I am concerned about the risk of infection while she's playing outside wearing shorts or if I take her swimming (pool this time) because the skin is cracked on the back of her knee.

sweetpeasmommy
06-03-2012, 09:30 PM
:bump

cindergretta
06-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Have you tried giving her an allergy medication? Benadryl or something similar? When dd7 has a terrible flare up, we give her Benadryl and a lukewarm bath followed by coating her "rough spots" with Unpetroleum Jelly.

:hugheart

AngelaVA
06-04-2012, 04:36 AM
Have you tried giving her an allergy medication? Benadryl or something similar? When dd7 has a terrible flare up, we give her Benadryl and a lukewarm bath followed by coating her "rough spots" with Unpetroleum Jelly.

:hugheart

Yes her eczema started to get better and then she broke out in hives so I've been giving her Benadryl. It is very gradually getting better.

Mokek Kwe
06-07-2012, 05:54 AM
have you tried Calendula lotion? California Baby brand from Target makes some in a little short, fat, cylindrical screw-top container. Whtie with yellow labeling.

AngelaVA
06-07-2012, 09:26 AM
have you tried Calendula lotion? California Baby brand from Target makes some in a little short, fat, cylindrical screw-top container. Whtie with yellow labeling.

Yes it does help, that's the main ingredient in that x-zema balm too. I didn't know they had done at Target, that's good to know thanks!