PDA

View Full Version : What does one do with a Cricut?

Tara
06-01-2012, 08:12 PM
My SIL sent me a Cricut & I don't know if I should keep it (she apparently didn't want it lol) or try to sell it. I am not a scrapbooker or anything like that. I'm not even sure it's been used (the box has been opened but everything else looks wrapped up. Thoughts?

cindergretta
06-01-2012, 08:15 PM
I think they look like a whole lot of fun, but being the completely un-creative person that I am, I don't imagine I would make good use of one. :giggle

They also seem expensive to do much with, if that makes sense. Like it can do a brazillion (my own words) things but only if you buy a brazillion expensive accessories. :think

(Not actually owning one, maybe I am totally wrong. :bag )

backtobasicsmum
06-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Oooooh! :drool :giggle

The one thing I'd do if I had one is make a million different vinyl wall items (words and sayings and such). You can buy the vinyl at lots of places and it isn't too expensive. I have lots of things I'd like to do on my walls, once we get moved! :yes

Tara
06-01-2012, 09:30 PM
I think they look like a whole lot of fun, but being the completely un-creative person that I am, I don't imagine I would make good use of one. :giggle

They also seem expensive to do much with, if that makes sense. Like it can do a brazillion (my own words) things but only if you buy a brazillion expensive accessories. :think

(Not actually owning one, maybe I am totally wrong. :bag )

That's pretty much me. I want so badly to be creative but I'm not LOL I see all the pics on the box of what someone could do but nothing that is for me :giggle I asked DH what was I going to do with it when it first got here (I'm really not trying to be unappreciative, I just really have nothing to use it for) and he said to sell it.

Kiara.I
06-01-2012, 09:56 PM
So, did she give you a bunch of patterns with it? (Disks, or dies, or I have no idea what they come on...) I know you can buy more. Like, if you want leaves you can go to Michaels or Joann's or wherever and buy a "Leaf" set, and it'll have 90 or so leaf patterns. But that won't help you when you want to do farm animals, so you'll need to go buy a different one for farm animals. Know what I mean?

Anyway, how many things can it cut? Do you have a lot of options already, or would you have to go and get dies or disks or whatever for pretty much everything?

If you're not crafty, selling it does seem a good option. ;) Although you could always try offering your services to crafty-but-more-broke GCMs first if you have a bunch of patterns available already. ;)

staceylayne
06-01-2012, 10:04 PM
My mom has one and it's fun to use to cut vinyl for all sorts of things! Walls, as BTBM has mentioned, to label plastic or glass containers, decorate jars and canisters, make window stickers for the kids, etc. My mom bought me a covered cake carrier that we decorated with different colored vinyl polka dots and he words "Stacey's Sweets". It turned out really cute! (And two days later I started a no-sugar diet...go figure).

But if that ain't your mind of thing, then sell it!